"Are you old in this system?" Feb 2015 broadcast video. Must watch

by stuckinarut2 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If you have not already watched the feb 2015 broadcast, go to approx. 58 mins.

tv.jw.org..... 

It has an elderly sister talking about being old in this world...a long time pioneer who probably thought the end would have come YEARS ago...as the society told her many times.

Now she is told to be on a mission to get young ones to also pioneer, AND WATCH FOR THE NOT SO SUBTLE CONDEMNTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION!

Sickening stuff.......

They missed the obvious elephant in the room.... a life wasted on nothing...now she has NO MONEY, and lived waiting for a fairy tale! Now she will force the same on others....

• sir82
    sir82

Now she will force the same on others....

I doubt it. The small minority of JW kids who stick to the organization don't take it seriously, for the most part.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Took a few minutes to watch some of the broadcast.  Sadly it reminds me of my parents and grandparents and all they gave through the year in time and money. Now they are dead or infirm and of little use to the Borg unless they can be convinced to bequeath their estate too. 

Everytime there was a new "need" or a new KHall needed, they'd show up on Grandpa's doorstep and explain how much he could help financially even though he was too infirm to get to meetings and FS.  They'd leave with a big fat check.

Doc

• label licker
    label licker

It saddened me when I saw her. It reminded me of my seventy year old sister who gave her whole life, never married, lives in the lowest rental one room apartment. Not one visit from anyone.

An elder one time dropped off a piece of fish in tinfoil and couldn't stay. Later on the co asked her if she had received any shepherding calls and she said in all her fifty-five years of pioneering and special pioneering she never once  had a shepherding call from any of her elders. A few days later, that elder that had dropped off the fish came with the co and was made to apologise to her for lying and saying that was the shepherding call. The co asked my sister if he had a bible, was wearing a suite and if he had come with another brother. She said no, nothing.

It  kills me to think she is happy living like this. I have asked her to let us come and pick her up and she come live with us but she has already stated she has to follow theocractic procedure where she is not suppose to talk to my df'd husband. Wait until one day her loser elders tell her she has no choice but to have us look after her because those filthy rich elders won't Most of them own two properties and boats yet all they could give her for all those years of service is a chunk of thawed uncooked fish wrapped in tinfoil..  

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

label licker, that is exactly what  by their fruits you will recognize them.

so they are  too busy for her, yet the teaching thats it wrong for her make additional friends who do have time for her.

the wt org breaks up families and make people depressed. who wants it anyway.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Very sad......very sad....

How do ya keep someone wating?

Keep em waiting.......duh ! ! 

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And for nothing.  This is a waste of resources.  Someone that could have had a nice retirement saved up.  Or plenty of skills.  Or having had plenty of fun.  Or, even a nice great big stack of silver and gold.  And now the congregation wants this person to get others to de-prepare to live?  No career.  No savings--regardless of whether in gold and silver or in paper assets.  No learning to function in a crisis, or enjoying what is here and now.

As I see it, pious-sneering does nothing to prepare one to live through hardships.  At least, if you have LED light bulbs, you are ready for the day when electricity is scarce.  If you have flashlights, lanterns, headlamps, and plenty of NiMH batteries and chargers, you are ready for whatever rolling blackouts come.  And if they don't come, you still have them for the windstorm that causes you a blackout or the LED light bulbs to lower your light bill.  Also, even if the dollar doesn't die (I am pretty sure it will, given the banks abusing the printing presses and the astrological aspects predisposing the dollar to fail), you still have that silver and gold that will hold its purchasing power.  Do they get that when they waste all that time going door to door?

Even if they decide to blow all their money, they could have had fun.  Trips to Disney Land (or, if you really want adventure, New Zealand or Tahiti), yachts, nice fancy cars, and that fancy new entertainment system are fun.  Even though they will be of no value given a collapse, you still get the value while times are still good.  Seems the jokehovians sacrifice the fun for today without getting anything in exchange for it in the future.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

That is so sad.

There she is selling and advertising for the 1950 convention talk ... 18 years later the Awake! from God's Organization assures her the end is within a few short years at most ... now, 65 years later she is told how to encourage others to wast their lives too.

Assuming she is 16 or 17 in 1950, that would make her at least 81 today.

• flipper
    flipper
    I watched the brief part at 58 minutes you talked of. Made me so sad for this old JW lady. Wanted to throw up. This poor thing has wasted her entire life on a pipedream and a false manipulation by the WT Society. I wonder how many other old JW's are feeling like her ? Like an old unused banjo stuck in a corner with cobwebs growing on it. Very sad. She will die with no realization of this false " paradise ". As will 100 % of all Jehovah's Witnesses. WT leaders are bastards. Who come across with mock humility
  • wifibandit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit