Did anyone watch the latest Frontline?

by eljefe 31 Replies latest jw friends

• eljefe
    eljefe

Here is the link to it. It is about "Al Qaeda's New Front" and talks about the radical Muslims in Europe and terrorism in general in Europe.

• upside/down
    upside/down

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they blow up the Eiffel Tower or The Lourve(sp).

I can hear the cries for help already! You (Europe) didn't think they'd leave you alone did you? And of course, the bad ol USA WILL HELP, because it's the right thing to do!

F*ck Al Queda-

u/d

• nicolaou
  • eljefe
    eljefe

We need someone to police the world. They could be called Team America: World Police.

• Pole
    Pole
    It'll be interesting to see what happens when they blow up the Eiffel Tower or The Lourve(sp).

I can hear the cries for help already! You (Europe) didn't think they'd leave you alone did you? And of course, the bad ol USA WILL HELP, because it's the right thing to do!

WHat a moronic comment.

• Gill
    Gill

eljefe! Is this the movies or the series?

There was an excellent programme in the UK on (, help me here Simon! Can't recall the name,) but it was on how governments have exaggerated the real threat and organization of terrorists for their own gain. No comfort to those who have suffered from terrible terrorist attrocities, but it does make you realise what whipping up hysteria amongst the general population can accomplish for any government.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Gill

I think your thinking of "the Power of Nightmares".it was recently repeated on bbc2 and was i thought an excellent Programme.It showed how Leaders such as Dubya need their Nemesis like Bin-Laden to keep the electorate scared stiff.It also showed up the exagerrated threat of Organizations,Nations (Iran?)that arent really that much of a threat.

Pole

Spot on my Friend.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

That Frontline episode showed very clearly that Islamic extremism is going to be a problem for many nations in the world. I was really surprised how well they are organized and that they have cells all over Europe. Although it is true political groups use fear of such groups to enhance their power and make their "sheeple" more manageable, we are fools if we discount the violent threat these Islam terrorist groups pose.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Idiot flag waving comment. Sheesh.

If you read a newspaper and kept up with world events, you would realize other countries have already suffered terrorist attacks and many more attempts have been thwarted by their security. Did you miss the major attack in Spain that killed about 200 people? The US is seen by Europe as expanding the problem of Islam extremism by invading Iraq which has upset Arabs all over the world as an attack on their sovereignty.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I have seen so many opinions on this, and experts on each side discounting what the others are saying that it makes the head ache.

Can someone summarize please?

Who attacked who first?

What was the response?

How did that go?

Finally, what in the blue blazes can someone like me do about it?

I eagerly await your answers because, Man am I confused!

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit