Saying GOOD-BYE

by peggy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Good for you Peg. He deserves to know that he will be missed and that he is loved and admired.

You described a very kind and loving man with only good intentions.

From your post I guessed that you were the only one there to visit him.

I have always noticed that an ill jw would only have a few family and other jw's visiting or no one at all.

While the "worldly" people would have friends, family, church members and co workers there.

Where is that loving spirit in the jw's?

Outoftheorg

• peggy
    peggy

I wish I could describe this man to you, he was a true rebel, yet devoted to his faith. He was a JW, but so much more. Here on this forum, many have such anger, that his faith puts his integrity as a man in question. I can't change that. I only know that at my lowest, he showed up at my door. He held my hand and prayed. He didn't badger me for being a weak witness, he truly followed the ways of Christ.

I was married to a man who reached out for oversight. He was an elder. In the more then two decades that we were married, he never once prayed with me on a personal level. He never said a prayer at night with me. He stood on the stage and wowed the audience, but my spiritual life was no concern of his.

I no longer know what I believe, death is a mystery. This man was still full of life even three weeks ago. He is eighty, but always defied his age. He was a song and dance man. He loved life. You would have thought him an active 70 year old. He held on to my hand tightly and said he didn't want to leave. He wanted to LIVE!

No matter what your faith or religion, a life of compassion for others is a life well lived. Few measure up. I'm a better person for having known him!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Then cherish his memory....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    he saw me and waved me in. I pointed to the door....family ONLY. He waved me in anyway

He waved you in because you are "family" to him. Cherish the time you have left with him and remember him as family.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Touching very touching, what a lucky man to have had you be near him. It is not often to see a women treat a man like that, in my exsperence anyway.

I flat lined many times after a head injury, I did not see god or anything like that, but its not just like turning off the lights, there is more mercy to it than that.

Shane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit