Saying GOOD-BYE

by peggy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• peggy
    peggy

Today I visited a dear one in the hospital. I was there on monday and he was having such a rough time, I wasn't able to go into his room. Today, I arrived and peeked into his room, he saw me and waved me in. I pointed to the door....family ONLY. He waved me in anyway. He was struggling to breath. He had two oxygen supplies, one directly into the nose, and then a mouth and nose cap feeding him more. Still he fought for every breath. I held his hand, told him I loved him. Tears fell from his eyes. He tried to talk. He pulled his mask away and said he hoped to see his children before he died. They are all in another state and making arrangements to get here to see him. I hope they make it!

This man showed true christian love to me this past year. He is not an elder, he is a man who cares. He stopped by often, he brought my mags, which I couldn't find time to pick up, he came to encourage, to pray with me and my daughter. He had no hidden motive. He had compassion and empathy for us, he was disgusted with the lack of care the elders had given when our family fell a part. He has a deep love of people.

He reached for his already written obituary to show me. It was beautiful. It was about him, the man.

I kissed him tenderly, I told him I would see him again. I hope and pray I will! I'll miss him until then!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

He sounds like he'd be a good man even if he'd never heard of JWs. I knew some kind ones. Thank you for sharing such a touching experience. Godspeed to him. What is he dying from?

• prophecor
    prophecor

I wish words could make a difference for you. I wish you well, and Godbless the selflesness of many beautiful people in this world, JW or not.

• Been there
    Been there

(((((Peggy)))))

I'm sorry such a good one has to leave so soon. I'm glad you got the chance to say good bye though.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings and welcome.

Peggy, you were a great inspiration to him! You made his day!!!!! What goes around comes around. It's great to know that there's people like you.

Guest77

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Peggy.

Sorry you have had a rough time and I'm glad that this man was able to help you. There are some really GOOD people in the world. They shine don't they. I'm sorry that he is suffering and that you have had to see him so ill but I'm glad that you were able to see him and say goodbye to him.

Thinking of you....and him.

Best wishes

Gill

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Peggy,

So glad that you had the opportunity to say goodbye to someone who meant so much to you. I am sure that your visit meant a lot to him as well.

My condolences go out to you in this time of loss.

Jean

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Peggy, I don't know what to say.

Goodbye is always very hard and difficult to say. From your words, he sounds really nice. I hope his children will be there in time too.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Peggy, you were a great inspiration to him! You made his day!!!!!

Dreaded though it is, when the day comes, I can't help but think it is fulfilling to see the people that care about you at your side.

Good on you, Peg, for taking the time and effort to visit him. He does sound like a fine man.

Take care,

Dave

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Peg:

Can you send me his name and address in a PM just so I can give him a card?

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit