It's Award Season....Let's have a JWD "Academy Awards"

by xjw_b12 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

"Best Apostafest" to the Apostachilifest (Dallas May 26-30)

• steve2
    steve2

The following nominations for the following awards are proudly announced

The Gone With Wind Award for the Best Shelved Belief:

I nominate the 1975 fiasco. Any other contenders?

The One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for the most unhelpful advice JWs give each other:

I nominate the following (a "solution" to every conceivable personal problem): "Pray more, study more, attend meetings more and preach more". Oh, "and keep taking your medication".

The Sound of Music Award for the most outrageous claim the JWs make:

I nominate: "Jehovah's people are the happiest people on earth"

The Last Tango In Paris Award for the most hypocritical JWs ever:

I nominate the numberless older JW men who get sick of their wives, commit adultery with sweet young things, get disfellowshipped, divorce their wives, marry the sweet young things, do their time outside the organization, get reinstated and act as if nothing's happened.

The Godfather Award for the most viscious thing a JW has done to another person and got away with it.

I nominate my JW Uncle _____ who has refused to invite to his birthday for at least twenty years (The fact that no one else gets an invite either is immaterial. I feel really hurt by this viscious neglect). Any other contenders?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Badger. Good ones. I think you've been compiling a list before I started this thread [smiley]

Steve2 I hereby knight you as the Roger Ebert (with angst) of JWD

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The "hero" award should go to Little Toe for the classy, brass-balled way he disassociated himself during a talk. I will always look up to him for that. Truly awesome!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Blondie for the hardest working studious poster

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    The "hero" award should go to Little Toe for the classy, brass-balled way he disassociated himself during a talk.

really? i didn't know that. wow, that took courage!

-incense throwing rose petals...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The "hero" award should go to Little Toe for the classy, brass-balled way he disassociated himself during a talk. I will always look up to him for that. Truly awesome! I second that

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I agree with the LittleToe nomination for his disassociation during his talk.

I would also like to nominate Xandria for giving the wisest advice during Mario's darkest hours.

Brad

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The "hero" award should go to Little Toe for the classy, brass-balled way he disassociated himself during a talk. I will always look up to him for that. Truly awesome!

Agreed, but that was in 2002. What has he done lately? I nominate him for the "Best Fiddling" award anyway.

• under74
    under74

BEST THREAD KILLER: me (look at my past posts if you don't believe me)

BEST THREAD CRASHER: me (remember that "It's convenient to put people in boxes" thread?)

of course I haven't been on the forum for a year but I still qualify right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit