Disfellowshipping Is A Way To Show Jehovah Loves You..........

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

That comment has been made a number of times. Since Jehovah loves those he disciplines, short of stoning one, this is God's way of saying, I love you"......Stupid, huh?

• JH
    JH

They say that they have to keep the congregation "clean" and that's why they disfellowship.

I think that they should open their doors to sinners and not close their doors to them.

• minimus
    minimus

good point, jh.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

If god loves the df'd sinners "as judged by the wbts" where does that leave those not df'd?

God doesn't love them? I'll go for that.

Outoftheorg

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thought it sticks in my throat to critisise JWs ...(lol) I must admit, when I saw a person sat at the back of the Kingdom Hall who had clearly taken alot of time and made an effort to attend after being d/f, I would go out of my way to smile at them and let them know that I cared, even when most of the cong had them on ignore.

I always thought that it wasn't right to ostracise someone in this way.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs cannot show human kindness or genuine warmth to df'd ones. That's because Witnesses don't act like Christ.

• JH
    JH
    I always thought that it wasn't right to ostracise someone in this way.

Even boxers don't punch someone who has fallen.

• minimus
    minimus

HEY----ON THE GOOGLE ADS, THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WAS JUST FEATURED ON THIS PAGE! I clicked on and the browser took me to Watchtower!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'm not sure if thats altogether true Minimus, its a bit of a broad sweeping statement to say that Witnesses can't show love or human kindess like Christ. I think they can and often do. What is wrong I think is that in a controlled environment such as the KH and at a meeting, the d/f one has to go through this procedure in order to be re-instated.

Do I think that Witnesses as a whole show love? YES

Do I think that the treatment of those seeking re-instatement at the back of the hall is right? NO

Scoob

• minimus
    minimus

Jesus loved EVEN sinners. He EVEN talked to them. JWs ignore df'd ones like they were dead!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit