When does the "anger" subside.....?

by ScoobySnax 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Having never felt "anger" as such toward JWs or the Organisation myself, it is apparent that many here do. Sometimes just by reading the thread title it is clear in many how they feel, so for more seasoned posters, or maybe those who have been out longer, how long does this anger take to fade, if it ever does. Maybe you never felt like that anyway. Was the anger replaced by another emotion, maybe relief, joy, happiness or conversly, anxiety, stress and un-happiness?? Or did it become for you just a lesson learned and a closed book in your life?

Scoob

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not "angry". I'm more disgusted with JWs in general for their being self-righteous and in actuality being no better than anyone else.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Scoob,

I guess it's pretty apparent that I still hold much resentment and anger towards the WTS, I doubt that it will ever go away. I don't feel as though the bottom has dropped out of my world, as when I first realized all the lies I was told. Ihave learned a lot that I didn't even know when I wrote my DA letter, so I was never one of those who thought about going back.

Once my mind was fully satisfied as to what manipulating creeps they were, nothing would make me remotely interestd in taking it up again. I know some have told me to let it go and get on with things, but I'm not *ready* to let go, and the more I can vent about my feelings, and hopefully let others see just what the WTS *is*, the better I'll be.

I've always been a rather intense person, as to my beliefs---about anything. When I was a child advocate for Special-Ed kids, I took *that* very seriousy too. I put my "all" into anything I tackle. When I was a JW---I was a good one and always took it very seriously. Now that I'm an exJW, I take that just as seriously now, too.

Annie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Jws have laid abuse my family everyday now for about 7 years - I'm not sure, perhaps when they 'are no more'

• kls
    kls

I could probably forget most of my anger if i wasn't living with a jw but i am and looking through the eyes and hearing the words of the wt daily . So the anger still remains and the memories will be with me as long as i am with a jw, it's kind of like getting punched in the gut constantly and hoping every day the pain will stop and the person hurting you will see that they are following a cult so everyday you hope and wait ,kinda like the jws waiting for the end that never comes.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY!!!! RAAAAAAAA HULK WILL CRUSH.... And so on... I think a lot of people come to this board angry and unreasonable I think thats one of the ways that you know your ready to move on is when you aren't angry anymore... I'm getting there!

• kls
    kls

YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY!!!! RAAAAAAAA HULK WILL CRUSH

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

HI- i hate to admit it but i am still angry after a little less than 2 years- i realize that's not very long really but at first i was just hurt and then when the hurt started becoming less- i felt the anger set in and it has yet to lessen or go away. Still. I do feel agreat sense of relief. It's so great to know those people have no control over me and my life anymore.. sugarbritches

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Scooby.

Everyone goes at their own pace. Living a full and active life really, really really, helps. I used to think of nothing but the outrageous things that happened to me at the hands of that organization, but for the most part now am not angry like I was.

It comes and goes, good days and bad, but mostly good. There are certain topics that will definitely set me off still, and you'll see me blow my top once in a while on those topics, but, it's getting better. It's been 11 years.

This board really helps, wish I'd found it years ago.

Jean

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It's part of the grieving process, and varies for everyone. I barely went through any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit