I'm not alone

by imnottheonlyone! 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is an honor to meet you. Life can lead up many paths and free you from spiritual darkness and despair that is found in the borg. Good health to you.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is an honor to meet you. Life can lead up many paths that will free you from the spiritual sickness that the borg imposes on people. Good health to you.

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome to the group!

I have never felt more free of anxiety and at peace then I am today.

Me, too. This is the feeling that came over me when I realized I would never go back. I can still remember it; wonderful!

I also know what it's like to have no one to share these feelings with. It's like your entire past just drops off a cliff. I've had a wonderful therapist, too. And I finally have made contact with two people from my past who left the org. This may happen for you.

Again, glad you're here. Emma

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the board.

cj

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

INTOO glad you came forward.

in the words of the hymn repeated by Martin King Luther jr.

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

• pleaseer2001
    pleaseer2001

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with hugs

I myself havn't been here long and I am sure you will find great support and many new friends. There are many here with so much to give. GREAT people!

• upside/down
    upside/down

Howdy!

Man I hope I bump into some of my old Dub cronies here- that'd be a hoot!

u/d

• imnottheonlyone!
    imnottheonlyone!

Wow~thanks for such a great welcome! You have make it easy to feel at ease here. I know, Edge, I have been a member for a few months but just never had the courage to jump in. After talking to Doug, I felt I just had to introduce myself. I guess I am hoping in addition to being helped maybe I can in some small way help in someone else's journey to thinking for themselves. The guilt is mostly in the past at this point. It is said that "time heals all wounds" I guess that is true here too. The more time that goes by, the more complete I feel.

Yesterday, Doug and I were discussing missing out on the people that were our friends before leaving the org. It was such a thrill to reconnect with one of the cool people from that era. I told Doug in my original email," I remember you were always so kind to me, and I really appreciate you and your kindness. I remember you coming out to the car one Sunday after my mother had beat me down and pulled me by my hair out the Kingdom Hall...whew...but you were so kind. The only one who ever said anything to comfort me from the Kingdom Hall. Your compassion is still remembered."

I guess we just never know how our kindness can affect anothers life. Cause to tell you the truth, just his concern was enough to keep me sane at that time.

Anyhow, thanks again for the welcome. Let the good times roll!

D

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Damn, INTOO, you brought a tear to my eye! I guess one doesn't always know when they make a difference.

I had no idea that you had already discovered JWD. Maybe I missed that in our conversation. I'm glad you posted.

Doug

• zealofjehu
    zealofjehu

welcome aboard

i hope you find as much strenght and insight from this board as i have. i have lived a very hard life and had to survive a lot of things not associated with the borg but looking back on everything i went throught with in the past year leaving the borg has been the hardest thing i ever had to do and im still not completly free yet but i hope with in the next four weeks or so i will be done with the game

zoj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit