JW's say they don't have a clergy class, whay do you think?..

by Hecklerboy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

JW's speak with forked tongue, whay do you think?..

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Crap - that is what elders and COs DOs are - sure they are not paid but clergy by any other name

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Maybe elders aren't paid but Co's annd Do's all the provided meals, clothing, housing, autos, and health insurance paid for off the backs of the local yokal JWs.....they're paid.

They've just given it a new definition.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

upside down... i was in the same shape as you described after i left my ex.. i was living in an unheated home in winter for awhile and then in my van because my good jw ex wouldnt leave me alone wanting sex. elders aware.. no offer of help from ANYONE a nice worldly man (the same one i'm living with now) offered me a room in his home and i'm still here. more christian love from an atheist than i ever got from a jw.

as to the clergy class.. if they, as blondee pointed out, can claim legal protection using clergy laws then they by their own admission have a clergy class. case closed in my opinion!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I agree with candidly. Anyone who has been in that organization for long knows that they very definitely have different classes within the congregations and on up the chain as well.

They are so slippery. I wish, just once, that some govt agency would be able to pin them down and hold them accountable for their abuses.

Jean

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Proplog:

The responsibilities of shepherding the flock are too burdensome to be peformed properly by part-time servants. The best teachers are side lined because they have to earn a living and take care of their families.

There is nothing unscriptural or inherently evil about having paid church workers. And I don't mean $100 per month . How about a living wage. The idea of - you receive free-give free doesn't mean truth is cheap. Think about that last "free ware" you tried to run on your computer.

So true..... it is burdensome. As I have said in other posts, many people complain that there was lack of love and concern from the elders. While I do not deny nor justify that, I can honestly say that most elders need help themselves and that is the honest truth. Take comfort if you must, that while you were suffering and ignored they were also suffering while undergoing similiar sorts of things, to fully understand that you'd have to sit in a long, boring elders meeting with 5 or 6 others some of whom actually believe the crap they are dishing out. So you actually should be happy that someone as messed up as you didnt try to pretend he knew how to help.

To answer yes they do have a clergy class but not in the classical sense. If elders were paid I actually believe they would perform better. They would be better at dishing out the propoganda that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit