Harder

by Music Mouth 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Even though I was born in the 60's, I was raised on music such as The Platters, Four Seasons, and the like, and was very fond of classical music even throughout my teens. I had an Old Victrola that I would constantly be cranking up to put on 78's of classical greats. I have also been through the Blues and Jazz periods at certain times in my life, and for many years now I have focused on Country and Bluegrass.

I was never one to like Rock music, especially Hard Rock, it would only seem to hurt my ears, and stress me out.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've gone way soft, and love it.

DY

• franklin J
    franklin J

I discovered that I really like the music of Blink 182; my kids think I'm nuts when I sing along or drum the rythym...."Dad, you're an old man, stop that"

...thanks kids, I love you too... but I 'm the man who taught you appreciation for the music of Philip Glass; Josephine Baker; Cole Porter.....I know good music when I hear it....

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Rock and or Roll...

Winger, Van Halen, Dokken, y&t, Tesla, FastWay, Led Zepplin, Twisted Sister, Guns n Roses, Menniketti, oh you know, the softer stuff.

J

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

all kinds... hard, soft, jazzy, blues, whatever, it doesn't matter....lately though i'm drawn to lyrical music by unusual bands... like this unbelievable band from Sweden...

• missy04
    missy04

I dunno....I think in the past three years my taste has gone more towards harder rock and I turn it up alot louder lol

I just cannot get enough of Linkin Park and I love to turn my new speakers up REALLY loud.

But I also have always liked and still do love Yanni, Celine Dion, Enya, ect.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

as I get older my taste broaden... Just like my a$$...

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I`m just a hard rock woman all the way! Always have been.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

In my early teens I listened almost exclusively to punk bands like the Clash the Damned, stranglers and the Jam.

In my later teens my listening mellowed with a bit of soul and jazz creeping in.

Today I listen to classical music more than anything else, and enjoy the beautiful works of Dvorak, Rachmaninoff and Delius to name a few.

I still have a soft spot for The Clash though, as you can see from my picture. Best band ever IMO.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It depends on the mood. My favorite singer is Richard Marx, and I love the Beach Boys, the BeeGees, Lionel Richie, Luther Van Dross, the Judds and James Taylor! I also enjoy classical music on occasion too! Very eclectic and varied tastes.

I never cared for heavy metal, but not all the stuff I prefer to listen to is all "soft" music either.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit