The nature of God?

by Polemotheos 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• onacruse
    onacruse

Carmel, my friend, I've been a recalcitrant bastard, eh?

You have a p/m.

Craigster

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Raphael

That was a wonderful quote.

I sincerely hope that my blunt way of coming across wasn't taken as a personal disrespect to you. I thank you for your respect and manners with all of your responses. I guess I have some more testing of beliefs to do today.

Take care Raphael

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    TRANS: may the fleas of a thousand patriachs infest your hairbrush and multiply to time indefinite!

Hmmm... I was wondering where all the fleas came from. Damn that curse, anyhoo!

You crack me up.

J

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

Raphael, I am glad to meet up with a genius even amoung a dark crowd. Matt 19:26 "With God all things are possible." Does all things include God's ability to lie? If not then it may also not include God's ability to materialize all his being as if into one body. Notice how I say; "E=m*c^2 does indeed describe the inseparableness of the material universe and the God of dynamic energy (Isaiah 40:26). "For [God's] invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the cosmos?s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable"--Romans 1:20." If this is true then if Jehovah were to materialize all his being as if into one body then we would surely die. "You are not able to see my presence, because no man may see me and yet live." (Exodus 33:20) At any rate can the infinite become finite? I would argue no. This is why Jehovah has never materialized like an angel. Colossians 1:17 does not say "Jesus holds the entire universe together in his hands." But maybe that was just an added assumtion on your part. Colossians 2:9 "because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily." NWT I guess we disagree on the translation of this verse. You know I am not a trinitarian. I know you are one. Maybe we can take that discussion more directly. James Thomas, Thank you for your pointed questions. You are in agreement with what I ment. I can't remember where you quote me from "If self choses to separate from Jehovah then death ensues." But you know that I say this in a none literal expression or it would not follow logically from what I have already said of God's omnipresence. Remember we are never separate from Jehovah, but that we only think or choose to think we are separate. Where do you quote me? I would gladly re-phrase that sentence. Thanks for your help. peace and love, Mars

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

Raphael, I am glad to meet up with a genius even amoung a dark crowd. Matt 19:26 "With God all things are possible." Does all things include God's ability to lie? If not then it may also not include God's ability to materialize all his being as if into one body. Notice how I say; "E=m*c^2 does indeed describe the inseparableness of the material universe and the God of dynamic energy (Isaiah 40:26). "For [God's] invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the cosmos?s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable"--Romans 1:20." If this is true then if Jehovah were to materialize all his being as if into one body then we would surely die. "You are not able to see my presence, because no man may see me and yet live." (Exodus 33:20) At any rate can the infinite become finite? I would argue no. This is why Jehovah has never materialized like an angel. Colossians 1:17 does not say "Jesus holds the entire universe together in his hands." But maybe that was just an added assumtion on your part. Colossians 2:9 "because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality dwells bodily." NWT I guess we disagree on the translation of this verse. You know I am not a trinitarian. I know you are one. Maybe we can take that discussion more directly. James Thomas, Thank you for your pointed questions. You are in agreement with what I ment. I can't remember where you quote me from "If self choses to separate from Jehovah then death ensues." But you know that I say this in a none literal expression or it would not follow logically from what I have already said of God's omnipresence. Remember we are never separate from Jehovah, but that we only think or choose to think we are separate. Where do you quote me? I would gladly re-phrase that sentence. Thanks for your help. peace and love, Mars

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

sorry not use to your web forum. it keeps wrapping my text.

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

Deputy Dog; If you say Iesos when refering to the son I will also say Yahweh when refering to the father. But if you do not then your demand is little more than hypocritical. Peace and love, Mars

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    Indeed man in his fallen nature , has become the creator of many of the parasites , deadly pathogens that exist in our world , which is without the influence of God in it, due to the choice that our first ancestors made setting our world on a collision course that has destroyed the natural balance of all the various systems that exist in nature so that they are no longer harmonius...resulting in a planet that now experiences decay and death.

Romans 8:21 "that the creation itself ( A ) will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God's children. "

Raphael,

Your answer, posted above, was in response to this:

What do parasites, deadly pathogens, the violent/callous behaviours of many living things, and all natural evils tell us about the nature of their "creator"?

Do you actually sit back and think about what you are saying? To paraphraze your hypothesis: God made man. He made man "in his image" (like him). Man made BIG mistakes. God said, "You stupid shmucks, you're making me look bad." Certain men said, "Do you see what God is saying? You are making him look bad! Smarten up."

Who the hell made God look bad? The humans who did what was God-given (making decisions)? Or the men who condemned everybody of making God look bad (by not agreeing with his HUMAN-INTERPRETED decisions)?

Think about it and get back to us.

Brad

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Polemotheos,

Your quote: "If self choses to separate from Jehovah then death ensues." was taken from your post "Ego", on the Paradise Cafe Forum. Actually it can also be said just the other way around; "If self choses to reunite with Jehovah then death ensues" (death of the ego).

Good luck in your attempts at using the strongly dualistic nature of Bible language and scripture to support non-duality.

j

• Polemotheos
    Polemotheos

James Thomas, Nice discussion. I changed the wording of the ego thread. http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/viewtopic.php?p=14577#14577 I don't know if that is to your liking or not. But you already know what I ment so it does not matter. I like the ego death that you point out. Nice reversal. I am not exactly certain what you mean of duality. If your refering to the 'ego death' well consider that the bible calls that impalling the flesh. peace and love, Mars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit