The nature of God?

by Polemotheos 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

OH yeah Jean! How dare you speak to a SERVANT OF THE LORD ALMIGHTY GRAND POO BAH LIKE THAT! I'll fix you you pagan hussy!

TAKE THIS: ho-lo ayth shaw-mah'-yim ayth eh'-rets an-ee' maw-lay' nah-oom' Yeh-ho-vaw' AND THIS : EEOR-BOL AWnah varoompa! JAH _gon BAsh yOU ARPS EYE DE HEAD!

TRANS: may the fleas of a thousand patriachs infest your hairbrush and multiply to time indefinite!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Polemotheos.

You speak of the omnipresence of God, and you make statements like "If self choses to separate from Jehovah then death ensues." Do you see a contradiction here? How is it possible to truly separate from what is omnipresent? Could it be that separation is only a belief? A result of continually reducing God down to an object, or thing, or other?

You may be on to something. No harm in investigating deeper.

j

• Valis
    Valis

I'm with unclebruse on this one...Polemotheos you will probably get a better recpetion along with the other loons over at ewatchman's site...I noticed you posted pretty much the same thing over there, and other places. Weclome to the forum, but just remember most of us don't take too kindly to being preached at. Not to mention hearing people blather on about the omniscience of an acient god concoted by violent sheep herders.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...aye, some of us would rather herd the sheep for ourselves

Oops - did I say that out loud??
    LOL

• Valis
    Valis
    ...aye, some of us would rather herd the sheep for ourselves

Gumby is always trying to "herd" the sheep for himself...dam green woof in cheap clothing!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    ...Polemotheos you will probably get a better recpetion along with the other loons over at ewatchman's site...I noticed you posted pretty much the same thing over there. Weclome to the forum, but just remember most of us don't take too kindly to being preached at. Not to mention hearing people blather on about the omniscience of an acient god concoted by violent sheep herders.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Nice try at reasoning with the biblenutter DO .. but alas ..like the punch drunk boxer of the Simon and Garfunkle song ..the man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

unc.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Raphael

If you want to go with the story in Genesis, and if you want to believe that a moral choice made by one pair of people would have planetary effects throwing off the rest of the ecosphere, alter the instincts/behaviours of animals, and spawn the appearance of new life-forms, then ask yourself by what mechanism? Was it people that could exert that sort of god-like power?

Maybe we should just agree to disagree on the nature of the creative force.

• Raphael
    Raphael

In the words of Ali G..RESPECT ...midget-sasquatch

A wise philosopher called Budda once said ...

"Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true"

• onacruse
    onacruse

God, by definition, can do anything It wants...so why not fix the problems of humanity, make us all happy, and eliminate wickedness and suffering with a wave of It's hand?

Oh, I forgot...a "wave" of God's hand is supposed to be read "tsunami."

My mistake.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Craig! Ya still hangin?

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit