My god!

by mommy 58 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

I just posted a reply to Shelby aka Aguest on another thread. I can say it was the most emotional post of my life here at Jw.com. I don't want it lost. I know there is more to add, I only scratched the surface. Many who knew me from when I started posting my "God is love" message all over this board, will understand the change I have undergone. Those who do not know me from way back, may not understand this post. Anywho I want some feedback if possible, I would love to hear it.

Shelby,
    I no longer believe in god, not the one you talk to. And to be perfectly honest I would not have read this thread, if MD didn't mention it in chat. I will tell you this, at one time I was a very religious person. Everyday of my life I prayed and talked to god. I raised my children to have "faith" and love for this person(entity?) I lived everyday, treating others as god would treat them. Accepting them as imperfect, and understanding their quirks. I realized that the god of the bible is not perfect as he claims. He never gave a step by step as some claim he has. He left alot of unanswered questions in my heart(maybe because he never talked to me directly) He doesn't have a wife(bad sign) He lets innocent people die. And helps others with their panic attacks(?). He talks to some, and the rest he remains a mystery. He allows thousands of different beliefs in him, and thousands of religions. He stands by and watches as people kill themselves in his name, and their own family in his name. He destroys families. He lets people suffer who have served him their whole life. He allows evil people to die a quick and painless death. He is the biggest con artist on earth.

He promises what? Eternal life on earth? Eternal life in heaven, pick a religion for where you want to be in the afterlife. Your name written down in the good book? A life filled with happiness? Peace of heart? Children with the ability to be children, with no pain, or the bleak outlook of a future? No more suffering, for who? Us, now in this life we lead or 1000 years from now, after we are but dirt again? What of the millions now dead? What of the day in and day out troubles and pain he does not even bother with? What of the children who have to endure pain, and the families that have to live with having them, only a short time? What of the pain of the lost loved ones? What of the good we do everyday in his name, only to be spit on by him? How does he comfort that? Or how does he allow that to even happen to begin with? I could go on and on, but I am crying now...

This man you worship, is shit Shelby. He is not a real person. He is a product of your imagination, he is the product of people who want answers(like myself at one time) He will forsake you, he will leave you breathless with his cruelty. He is not there to begin with.

You have a purpose, with him in your life. I am glad, everyone needs a purpose. But I can tell you, the same love you spread, can be spread without him. I know. I no longer believe in god, but I am a very loving, open minded person, who accepts people as they are. I do not expect them to live up to a certain agenda, that can be translated into several different things. I do not expect people to follow rules, that are not clearly written in the first place. I allow for the gray area in life, human imperfection. I do not expect people to change their personalities because "they should be doing it a certain way" I love when a person shouts I AM FREE AND HAPPY. I love when people can look in the mirror and have no regrets. This is what makes this life wonderful Shelby, being happy constantly. Not just when you feel you are pleasing someone.

This has gotten long, and I am not even done yet. There is no need for a reply. I have heard, and probably said everything you will tell me. I just wanted to let you know, from one ex believer to a believer, you need to look at the other side for a sec. It is not so dark. The love you have in your heart, will be accepted as yours, not as someone who is making you do it. This is more precious than anything, giving, with no chance of reward.

I love ya Shelby, for the patience and love you have. But I am shocked that you want to credit another for this. This is you, enjoy it, I do!

I am not speaking to you from someone who never knew him. I knew and loved that man. I lived my life for him, and wanted to spread the love myself. But if you really look at it. There is no love from him, no love at all. He is fooling you shelby, you are fooling yourself.

love and peace,
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Wendy: When I have raised these issues - though I still believe in God - I often get the reply that God only reveals himself to some, but not others. The justification is that not all are ready yet to truly receive God and be part of his family.

As a Christian, I have difficulty with the foregoing view. For even if God has justification to not reveal himself to all of his creation, what about those who sincerely seek God, but never find him? What about those who found God, but then lose him? As a Christian, I really want to know what is on God's mind, but I can't read his mind. The Bible does not answer my most serious questions, and there are no phone lines or DSL connections with ISPs to heaven.

Some say that God is dead, in referring to the concept of a god. Yet, my spirit is ever aware of His presence, but my heart is not sure God even knows I am still alive. - Amazing

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Woooowwww Mommie,
    I hate to hear this from you.

“I no longer believe in god, not the one you talk to….. I realized that the god of the bible is not perfect as he claims.” Perhaps I don’t believe in the God others are talking about either, and trying to relate perfection to the reality we see is impossible. I hope equating “god is perfect” and “God is Love” has not caused irreversible estrangement.

Translating “teleios” to “perfect” is creating terribly disappointed expectations. The word simply means ‘reached its purpose, complete’. The word could be translated adequate, sufficient, complete as far as I’m concerned. He IS Love. Forget the human misconception of perfection. We are only disappointed when we expect too much, from men, an organization, or God. We have a lot of misconceptions to overcome about him, some from our perception of him from what we think we got from the Bible, and some from men who we trust. You are a loving person. I really believe we are his ‘image’. If that small understanding is true, than we have more to learn about him.

Jst2laws

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Woooowwww Mommie,

“I no longer believe in god, not the one you talk to….. I realized that the god of the bible is not perfect as he claims.” Perhaps I don’t believe in the God others are talking about either, and trying to relate perfection to the reality we see is impossible. I hope equating “god is perfect” and “God is Love” has not caused irreversible estrangement.

Translating “teleios” to “perfect” is creating terribly disappointed expectations. The word simply means ‘reached its purpose, complete’. The word could be translated adequate, sufficient, complete as far as I’m concerned. He IS Love. Forget the human misconception of perfection. We are only disappointed when we expect too much, from men, an organization, or God. We have a lot of misconceptions to overcome about him, some from our perception of him from what we think we got from the Bible, and some from men who we trust. You are a loving person. I really believe we are his ‘image’. If that small understanding is true, than we have more to learn about him.

Jst2laws

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Woooowwww Mommie,

Jst2laws

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Just2laws: You make a good point about 'perfection' vs 'complete' and how such an error could influence our expectations. At the same time, look at just the 20th Century we just left behind to the history books. The savage and brutal wars, the disease, natural disasters, concentration camps, crime, and social unrest are all part of the testimony of a human race that does not experience God.

Yes, much good was done as well. Yes, many seeming miracles happened to some. Yes, the faith of many was somehow sustained, and in others was found and grew. But what of the hundreds of millions who were not so lucky to hear from God, or be sustained through trials? What of those who under such dire circumstances were left out in the cold, with nowhere to turn? What of those who did not even hear of Christ, know of God, or even begin to comprehend any spiritual or universal issues before them? In all honesty, how do we as Christians answer them? - Amazing

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Sorry for the repeats. Although I was emotional in my response, three identical posts was a techno error.
    Jst2laws

• sf
    sf

MY views are similar. If not more caustic.

Thank you for sharing this Wendy.

sKally, "VERY APOSTATE"

• think41self
    think41self

Wendy,

I agree with most of your thoughts. If WE are made in God's image...and WE would ease the suffering of humanity if WE had the power...where is God?

Just wanted to say, I agree that we can be positive, loving people without a belief in God...I am

Wendy, for any of those hurtful thoughts that come from your own life situation and hurtful experiences......

Tracy

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Wendy,

can you give me the thread where you originally posted this response? thanks.

tj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit