Why did I leave after 50 yrs a JW

by londoner 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings and welcome Londoner. I guess after 50 years you can share some thought provoking stories. There is truth to your story. I've known the org since 1948, so, what's new pussy cat?

YOU have all you need with the Mrs. is your side, she is your TRUE FRIEND!

The best.

Guest77

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome to the board Londoner, very glad you found us.

I think you will do alot of healing here. Don't beat yourself up toooo much. You did the best you could with what you knew, now you know better. Please don't give them one more minute of the life you have left. Use it to make you happy going forward, not to pay them back or punish yourself for being mislead. You did not lose out on your life, you did not waste it. You lived it the way you wanted to at the time, you lived it the way you saw fit. Live it now without petty made up guilt by them. You are doing nothing wrong by leaving I think for everyone that leaves the cult God sits up there giving the thumbs up and a hearty "Alllllll Riiiiiiiiiiight, now go have some fun!"

I was raised in it and couldn't wait to turn 18 to get out. I did however live with a strang guilt for many years. Then I found this place and all the dirty little secrets they never want anyone to find out. NO MORE GUILT here. Don't lose anymore sleep. Enjoy.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...and now life begins

It can be a scary rollercoaster to be on, in the voyage of self-discovery, but a good one!
    I hope we get to see you this year:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/83720/1.ashx

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Londoner!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to freedom. Glad you made your escape good and that you have your partner with you. Me and my husband also did more or less forty years in the bOrg, both being brought up in it. My husbands family go all the way back to the Bible students of the early twentieth century. He's the only one to have escaped. He is shunned except for very important family events ie. funerals.

Have you left any family behind?

Looking forward to hearing more soon!

Gill

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome!

FreedomFrog and I appreciated your fatherly advice in her JC threads. So glad you're out! Couldn't agree more with the poster that said "don't let them have a minute more of your life." Absolutely. As hard as it is, let it go. Move on. Contrary to what JW's forced down our throats, the world is a beautiful place full of great people.

Enjoy!

Dave

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Welcome Londoner! Thank you for sharing...enjoy this new found freedom. Enjoy the that heavy weight taken off your shoulders. You do have a wonderful journey ahead of you. For me I had no idea how wonderful and great life could be once I got out of the shadow of the Borg. Congrats on your exit!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Welcome, congratulations on your new life!

• Justin
    Justin

Good to have you aboard.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

and now life begins

It can be a scary rollercoaster to be on, in the voyage of self-discovery, but a good one!
    I hope we get to see you this year:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/83720/1.ashx

Welcome, my friend !! LittleToe hit the nail on the head. You are about to have a learning experience. Make the most of it. If you need help, advice etc. this board is a good place to find it. Bug

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome Aboard Londoner. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit