How do we intergrate our masuline with our femine???

by frankiespeakin 56 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Not so easy.

You're right, it's not always easy. There is strong pressure to act in a certain way that your particular culture thinks is true to your gender. Phew! That sentence puts me out of breath to read.

Anytime I am assertive, even with my precious, very fair and up to date thinking Andy, I get that look of, "Don't go be being bossy." Why the heck can't a woman be bossy once-t in a while?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FH,

Anytime I am assertive, even with my precious, very fair and up to date thinking Andy, I get that look of, "Don't go be being bossy." Why the heck can't a woman be bossy once-t in a while?

I think being bossy has its place,,but don't ask me where or when LOL.

I don't think being assertive and demanding is predominately masculine. Maybe that trait is gender neutral,,brought on by frustration or a desire to accomplish something that knows no gender bounds but is more easily expressed from the male in a male dominated culture. Perhaps in matriarcal cultures it might be considered femine.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just as a side note.

I always liked movies about the mythical Amazon women,,who controlled the few men that were in there group. Useing them for sex and procreation when there time of the month came round. After watching these types of movies I would like to fantasize about being the only male in an Amazon women society,, Maybe I should find out what this means any suggestions.

Here's an interesting site about Amazon women:http://www.whoosh.org/issue12/ruffel3.html

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here's a good site and clip:http://califia.hispeed.com/Folklore/lecture10c.htm

The Unconscious in Fairytales, Myths, and Legends: Are fairytales actually shared unconscious fantasies? Some personality psychologists think so. The themes in these stories represent universal concerns that people find difficult to face alone. Sharing these stories in groups is therefore reassuring. Swiss psychologist Carl Gustav Jung has provided the most extensive analysis of the relationships between myth and personality. One prominent theme in his work is that we identify with the hero in the great myths. As the hero overcomes all odds, defeating even Death itself, we are inspired to pursue our own life quests.

At the center of the work of Freud, Jung, Adler, and others, is the investigation into personality and how it is formed.

The Irish Banshee above the moors

The banshee in Irish Gælic, is called 'bean sidhe', which means 'supernatural woman'. She is envisioned with a sunken nose, scraggy hair and huge hollow eye sockets. Her eyes are fiery red from continuous weeping. She wears a tattered white sheet flapping around her. She wails outside the door of someone who is about to die, but only for old families. All the best clans have their own private banshee. They are very closely related to the bean-nighe and cointeach.

This variation on the Banshee could be found in the legends of Ireland, Scotland and Brittany. The name 'Bean-Nighe' means washer woman. She was called this as she was usually seen washing bloody garments at the water's edge. her feet were webbed like those of a duck or goose. If a traveler saw her before she spied him, he would survive, however, if she spied him first, he would die. In the Scottish Highlands, it was thought that only those about to die could see her.

There are different forms of hags. The hag from European folklore is supernaturally ugly, associated with the devil and depicted sometimes as a witch. Hags are known to use a human as a mount and will "ride" them in their sleep, hence the term 'hag-ridden'. During sleep, a hag will climb onto a man's stomach or chest and will "ride" him. This will cause the man great discomfort and nightmares, and even, if the hag continues to ride the man, death. In Celtic mythology a hag is an ancient spirit, usually seen carrying rocks in her apron which, when dropped, can cause mountains to form.

It is said that if two hags are heard arguing, you should retreat indoors, for it may begin to rain boulders and trees.

There is also and Irish hag that helps out in the household with the spinning.

The Yuki Onna, or Snow Woman, is Japanese female demon. She inhabits snow storms and causes travelers to become lost. Eventually the travelers become exhausted and freeze to death.
    from Gareth Long's Enclyclopedia of Monsters.

"A plaque found in northern Syria (Arslan Tash = ancient Hadattu) has an image of a sphynx-cherub creature and a she-wolf on one side. The she-wolf appears to be devouring a child. On the reverse is a figure of a god of some variety, marching and holding an axe. There is a primary magical inscription, as well as writing on the sphynx, the she-wolf and the deity. The language is a dialect of Phonecian/Canaanite. It may be worth noting the importance given to the role of the female deities (wives of Hawron and Ba'l) in controlling the demoness(es). Rosenthal assumes that the she-wolf and the sphynx/cherub represent different demonesses. I am inclined to think that they both represent
    the same 'lili'.

Plaque of ancient Lilith This plaque was originally dated to 6-7th c. BCE. However, some recent scholarship has suggested that the plaque may be a forgery dating from the 1930s CE. If it is authentic, there is still some issue as to whether the 'Lili' referred to is the same as the Lilitu of the Mesopotamians. If it is a forgery, of course, there can be little doubt that it is Lilith, but it must be reassessed as a special case among modern amulets."

from the Lilith Page, University of Pennsylvania

if we have time, a little bit from the Kabbala on Lilith.

Lilith of the Kabbala

and, another famous female legend that sheds light on the Freud/Jung theories - that of the Amazon Women.

The Amazon Warrior

This investigation into the image of women leads us to the question of personality. Apparently it was not the Female personality that we being formed by these tales, as they would, for women, countermand the theories of both Freud and Jung. But let us look again at personality.

There is still a lively interest in the psychological aspect of folktales from the Jungian perspective. There are seminars available continually in California, for example. The description of one such seminar, by Dr. Young, goes like this:

"Favorite stories from childhood can have subtle influences on adult identity. This course shows how to analyze fairytales for metaphors rich in psychological insights. The instruction explores how symbolism in stories can reveal elements of the inner life. Training includes detecting unconscious themes in favorite stories - and using archetypal perspectives in discussions of presenting issues. Presentations cover the significance of a sense of personal story - and the influence of family stories as shapers of unique worldviews. Presented at an introductory level for doctoral psychologists, this seminar is useful for counselors, teachers, writers, clergy, and those interested in archetypal perspectives."

In order to understand the Jungian interpretation of Folktales, we need, as with Freud, to understand a little bit about his theories of the psyche.

By Archetype: Persona, Ego, Shadow, Anima/Animus, Self.

these are all influenced by the various aspects of the mind.

aspects of the mind

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Frankie, my dear. If you were the only man in a tribe of amazon women, you would be a slave. Not just a sex slave either. If I recall the myth, men were looked down upon and used only for slavery and procration.

This ultimate reality would be like the ultimate reality of a young JW woman who saved her virginity to marry her JW Knight in Shining Armor, only to be 'raped' on her wedding night. Then find out that her role to this person was that of a whore and a housekeeper.

So Frankie, if you still want to experience being the only male in an tribe of amazon women, just dress up as a young woman, study, get baptized, and get married!

Hugs

Bren

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I don't think being assertive and demanding is predominately masculine. Maybe that trait is gender neutral,,brought on by frustration or a desire to accomplish something that knows no gender bounds but is more easily expressed from the male in a male dominated culture. Perhaps in matriarcal cultures it might be considered femine.

This is wisdom, Frankie. Thank you.

I posted about Amazons on the thread about dating websites. Interesting.

Brenda, I love and agree with your entire post. Thank you for the smile. The raped young jw virgin is a story I've heard before though.

It's true, Frankie, Amazons did not like men. I think a man among the Amazons would soon find out what it's like to be a woman in most societies.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This Amazon women fantasy is not a major fantasy of mine,,it ususally last for a couple of orgasms when every it arrives in the conscious usually brought on by those type of movies.

Yeah to live the rest of your life like that would be hell on earth,, but maybe just a couple of weeks every now and then wouldn't be so bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit