What was your turning point?

by jeanniebeanz 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

The day that changed my life forever... the day I saw a super sonic pioneer sister wonderful, treat a dying woman worse than a dead dog. She told her that she was having to waste her time looking after her when she should have been 'out there doing Jehovah's work saving people.' She told her she should stop messing up peoples life and that she was a burden to all of her family, because she wanted to die at home. She left her sitting helpless, cold and crying in a wheel chair believing that she was going to go to a hospice to die. She told me not to comfort or speak to her because she was 'behaving like a naughty child'. I comforted the dying woman as did the rest of her family. But that pioneer super hero taught me a wonderful lesson.

Then JWD and the rest is history!

I look forward to the fall of the evil WTBTS and those who truly love its self serving attitude!

• bebu
    bebu

Gill, were you the only one that left the JWs on account of that super pioneer? I should think the dying woman's whole family would have left as well!

My God, that was utterly cruel!

bebu

• Moridin
    Moridin

For me it was when they changed their stance on serving in military hospitals and other non-lethal forms of work instead of going to jail during a time of war. They had all that innocent blood on their hands and I couldn't deal with that. Then I found JWD well it was H2O then and was encouraged to read Crisis of Conscience so I went right out and bought it and gave it to my dad. We both left right after.

• Gill
    Gill

Yes. Only my immeadiate family and me I'm afraid. My sister left recently for different reasons.

The rest are still totally brainwashed and believe that the sun shines out of super pioneer's backside.

My mother's excuse...'well she did give her lifts to the hospital. She wasn't horrible all of the time.'

I saw pure evil, and selfish cruelty that day. I saw what she was capable of and saw the act she was willing to put on in front of the brothers who visited.

Excusing her behaviour, to me, would be like saying, about a murderer, 'well he only killed her once. The rest of the time he gave her lifts to the hospital.' Does that make sense? It's what you're capable of allowing yourself to do that marks what you're really like.

Her zeal to pioneer was her fear of losing her survivalist potential. She was not getting enough hours in to feel that she was going to survive if Armageddon came tomorrow. She had missed the point of Christianity as so many, though not all , JWs do.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

WHEN THE HOUR TALKS WENT TO A 'WORD FOR WORD' FORMAT WRITTEN BY NY. HECK, MY 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER COULD HAVE GIVEN THE TALK! NO NEED TO LEARN OR STUDY ANYTHING!

ALSO, WT REPRESENTATIVES FOLLOWING TALKS GIVEN AT THE ASSEMBLIES WITH WORD FOR WORD OUTLINES. HECK, I COULD HAVE BEEN A KEYNOTE SPEAKER!

OUTASERVICE

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The UN thing.

That was what broke their grip on my mind. The open hypocrisy was more than I could stomach. I realized then that THEY don't believe what they teach. Until then I thought they were sincere; but after that I realized they were worse than merely wrong. Everything else just was mere confirmation of the sickening blow to the gut I felt when I realized that they had ridden the wild beast and were just as bad as the rest of Babylon the Great - or so I believed then. I'm more pragmatic now, of course, but I'm not getting back on the carousel, either.

CZAR

• Undecided
    Undecided

They wore me out with all the theocratic chores, so I just quit. Didn't want to do it anymore. Years later I discovered the truth about the truth and realized I had made a good choice.

Ken P.

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

The day I found out what happened to my daughter when she had been sent to the park by Super Fine mother in law's worldly nephews. My daughter was 10 years old. The nephews were 16 and 14. When Mother in law was confronted with this revelation, her response? "Oh, he has always had mental problems. Jehovah will repay in his time." My daughter is still reaping the rewards of her criminal stupidity.

For the Old Home lurkers: Mother in Law had better get on her knees and thank her worthless god that there is quite a physical distance between us.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When one of my mental therapists asked me if I was aware of a condition called cognitive disonance. I looked it up on the internet and it described exactly how I had been feeling about the WT's death-dealing spiritual feeding program for 5 or 6 months. Then I saw a blank billboard in Knoxville, TN. with this painted on it:

607 BCE ?

I pointed it out to my ex and she went all white and started shaking ( I think she knew all along just wanted to keep getting her ears tickled by the bros.) so when I got home I went to the internet and typed in 607 BCE What a wake-up call that was. I quit the meetings altogether then but it was still about 18 months before the whole puzzle started fitting together. Then I called 2 of the 'prominent ones' in the cong and told them the FDS was an evil slave and they could either bail out or crash 'n burn with the WT False Prophet. They all stayed for some more 'meat in its due season' while I started searching the pages of a real Bible. When I get up enough nerve I'll post my name and congregation but I'm still a little shakey because of all the therapy and de-programming I've gone through for the last 2 years. Although, the therapy kept my mind intact until I found out the Jesus of the Bible is 180 degrees out of tune with the WT version of Him.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    WHEN THE HOUR TALKS WENT TO A 'WORD FOR WORD' FORMAT WRITTEN BY NY. !

I think we can blame LittleToe for this ... ??

After his last talk, Brooklyn must have put the kabosh on adapting the outline to personal style.

Way to go, LittleToe.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit