Beatles or Rolling Stones Fan, which were/are you?

by eyeslice 48 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Perhaps you have to be one of those who grew up in the 60's to really appreciate this thread, but then my kids love 60's music too.

Who did you think were the best, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones? Is there a bit of a psychological angle here too? The Beatles were the sort of lads your granny probably would have liked (yes, I know, they got into drugs and things but you know what I mean); the Rolling Stones - a lot more rebellious.

Me? I'll answer last

Peace man - Eyeslice

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Beatles..

"We all live in a yellow submarine.. yellow submarine.. yellow submarine"

• TD
    TD

Beatles

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Beatles

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Neither, I'd go with Steppenwolf, CCR, Cream, and of course my absolute all time favorite EVER, is Led Zeppelin . Led Zeppelin ROX even now I love listening to them.

Sherry

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I listen to many different types but Led Zepplin was probably my favorite next was Gand Funk Railroad.

Now I like Shaman music because it puts me in a trance and I enter the subconscious I can doit with zepplin as well but only for a little while.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Beetles growing up, until Zepplin came along! I caught onto them at album 2. (So many claim early rights with 4 - stairway to heaven - they aren't real fans IMHO).

Now I enjoy old and new and inbetween Stones. I love "I'm just waitin' on a friend". There's a couple others that I really enjoy.

However, no one is as sensuous as Robert Plant! Oh yeah, and his later music, too.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Beatles! Then and now. Sweet songs. Pre-George's Eastern influences.

Rolling Stones - yuck! Then and now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was a five year old girl when they both hit, but I had teenaged brothers and a sister. I am so grateful they had good taste in music.

Forced to choose, I'd choose the Beatles. I liked early Stones music better than the later. The Beatles had George Martin, who greatly improved their raw rock in roll, which was very, very good & energetic. The Beatles added musical magic to my childhood, but then so did the Stones with songs like Ruby Tuesday, Dandelion, Lady Jane and She's A Rainbow. My very first 45 record, bought with my seventh birthday money was Eleanor Rigby/Yellow Submarine along with The Beach Boys LIVE LP and a red Decca record player. I am so glad my 8 year older than me sister had alterior motives when she took me shopping with that money. I played that record player 'til it wouldn't play anymore.

Music can ease a child through a lot of pain.

Gretchen, all those groups you mentioned are fantastic. In the later 60s I would add Traffic to your list. Oh yes and Jethro Tull.

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Forced to choose, Rolling Stones. But Gretchen has got the right idea, Led Zep the best band ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit