Let's Talk Against The Organization!

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

There are no age-appropriate activities for the children.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The bible studies are shallow and scripted.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Put in some windows and natural light!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who is taking care of the widows?

• jgnat
    jgnat

What is with the mike-handling duty? Nowhere else on the planet would that be regarded as a "priveledge".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Where are the social programs, the care for the poor, sick, and needy? The organization has deviated from the love and care of the first century church.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If the organization spent less time defending its' pedophiles and trashing other churches and former members, they may actually have time to make positive change.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There.

That feels much better.

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

If you took all of the brain-power of the governinng body and turned it into gasoline, there wouldn't be enough to drive a piss-ants motorcycle around the inside of a Cheerio!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

LOL at Aloneoh (spelling?)

Gill - I dont know which congo you attended, but it sure sounds a like mine!

In my uncreative way, lets just say that they are a bunch of Pharisees, who are now subject to Institutional thinking

To Jeaniebeanz may I show the comment from "Coffman's Commentaries On the Old and New Testament"

John 8

In this chapter, the controversy continues. There is the case of the woman taken in adultery (John 7:53-8:11); Jesus the Light of the world (John 8:12-20.); teaching of his heavenly origin (John 8:21-30); and the passage on the true children of Abraham (John 8:31-59).

THE WOMAN TAKEN IN ADULTERY

This paragraph (John 7:53-8:11) is omitted from later versions of the New Testament, upon the basis of convincing arguments denying it a place in the sacred canon. Hendriksen, after canvassing all of the scholarly findings on the subject, concluded thus:

Though it cannot now be proved that this story formed an integral part of the Fourth Gospel, neither is it possible to establish the opposite with any degree of finality. We believe moreover, that what is recorded here really took place and contains nothing in conflict with the apostolic spirit. F1

We shall study the narrative as it has come down to us.

Mind you, it is just the sort of thing that I can believe that Jesus would say (Blues)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit