dicovering this forum...

by Blue_Shadow 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue_Shadow
    Blue_Shadow

I dont know how i came across this forum but when i came to it i was so shocked of all the things being mentioned about the org. I became doubtful of the recent decision i had made ( the Big Dip, which i kinda felt pressure to do but that's another story) also hearing about how Jw are a cult really opened my interest. So now that im openly informed ,im out in search of the truth behind the truth. I never thought i would find myself at this website becuase I did remember hearing the elders in KH give speeches about them, and how we should avoid them at all cost, but i still think i have the right to get some real facts, don't you?

*confused*

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

ya sure do deserve to get the facts. Welcome to the forum and get educated

cj

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Good to see your examining your beliefs without the aid of the watchtower study materials.

You should run....not walk to the nearest book store and buy Ray Franz' book Crisis of Conscience.

It's amazing and will open your eyes to the Truth about the Truth.

Best Wishes and keep reading here.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

No matter what religion you are, the gift from God was FREEDOM. You should have freedom and exercise your mind, get information, get the facts and make your own choices. If you are only half informed, then you aren't making decisions based on all the information.

In court, there is a trial and the jury is presented with the prosecution and defense's ideas of the story. Based on both sides, they come to a verdict.

The same is true in life, and information is power. Keep informed. If anyone tells you that information and knowledge is harmful, what is it that they want to HIDE from you?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

By discouraging members to avoid the Internet, they've opened up a Pandora's Box. It awakened curiosity in many.

That's how I came across websites such as this one.

DY

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

First of all, welcome to the forum!

You might want to check out http://www.freeminds.org and read some of the info there.

• jaredg
    jaredg

welcome!!! if you are anyhitng like me you will beon this site non-stop for the next few days reading all the info you can get your hands on so grab a cup of tea and make yourself comfy.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings and welcome. You are in for a treat. The information is over- powering at first, so, take your sweet time, and enjoy.

Guest77

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The realization that no one here is afraid of going to a Kingdom Hall is a powerful bit of information. Many folks here wouldn't set foot in the Hall again, but if they did they wouldn't worry about some "super deceitful logic" that will be applied, tricking them into becoming JW's again. "Apostates" -- as the JW's label anybody who no longer agrees with them -- are played up to be awful, lying, deceitful, but oh-so-cunning people. They can "steal" the truth right outta your heart.

Who has more credibility, the one that says, "Listen to me and only me" or the one that says, "Listen to whoever you want, but here's my opinion"?

Welcome aboard!

Dave

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi, I'm so glad you stumbled across JWD. Warm welcome to the forum.

Ask yourself, what is the Governing Body so afraid of? Why are they determined to take away the freedom of each individual witness to read where and what they want to?

When they used to give talks at the meetings and conventions telling us not to read "apostate" literature, I used to say to myself, "It would be hard to throw it away. I'd want to read what they are saying." Well, no one ever offered me any of that kind of literature.

In 1999 we got our first home PC. We logged onto the interenet. I put Jehovah's Witnesses in the search looking for official information. I got a page full of results. One of the links lead to an informative page about Raymond Franz and other brothers and sisters who had been pushed out of the organization. I was intrigued. Life kept me busy, but in 2001 I started looking into all of the "apostate" sites including JWD at the urging of my friend.

My eyes were fully opened when I ordered and read A Crisis Of Conscience by Raymond Franz.

When you hear that there is no place to go if you leave the JW Organization, don't you believe it. There is a whole world of possibilities of places to go where your freedom to read, think and live as you want won't be restricted. And you'll be a better person for having left and gone on to freer pastures.

Please stay here and keep reading. You'll be very glad that you did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit