Did God talk to you too?

by Caveat 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Coincigods

Tx GF. Not bad for an agnostic, eh?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:Coincigod's happen all the time for us. The more we recognize them the more readily we can respond. However, believer or non believer, they happen. The higher self knows.

Perhaps sanity is the lower self getting a piece of that action?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Anyone wanna tell me what a "ludite" is ?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oh wait, I looked up "luddite" and it's: one who opposes technical or technological change. Since I don't, I don't understand why I was called a "ludite". Explain?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LT. Hold me!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

StinkyPantz,

I don't understand why I was called a "ludite". Explain?

Well, one anthropological term for magicians and shamans and those folks is technicians of the sacred

If effective techniques of dealing with The Invisible are actually available, then opposition to learning them is a kind of Luddism.

gently feral

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Gently,

If effective techniques of dealing with The Invisible are actually available, then opposition to learning them is a kind of Luddism.

But what do we consider effective?What if we gain some type of control but are blind as to know how to use it. Maybe as one grows aware of mechanisims for control through thought process that one also becomes aware need to not let the ego drive and just go with the flow? What do you think?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

GF-

If that's what it means I do not appreciate the characterization. I am not opposed to learning about most things. If there is a way to prove (with tangible evidence) that "The Invisible" (whatever that means) exists and I can use it or whatever.. I'm down with that.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Stinky,

If that's what it means I do not appreciate the characterization.

Yes, but then you say:

If there is a way to prove (with tangible evidence) that "The Invisible" (whatever that means) exists

And that's precisely the problem. For the past how-many-thousand? years, we've all been trying to match colour samples with a microphone. It ain't gonna happen; either the spiritualists are hallucinating or the materialists are blind.

As I said earlier in this thread, "Reductionism is a spiritual gift that some of us don't have."

gently feral

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I have no idea why he'd want to

Seriously though, there have been times when I felt as though things fell into place in such an extrordinarilly divine way that I am tempted to say that 'He' was saving my backside. Does that make sense? Some of those things seemed to be much more than coincidence.

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit