Did God talk to you too?

by Caveat 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Agreed Six....and well said! When your down, fingers seem to bend your direction.

As a dub, I many times felt Jehovah helped me when I asked him.....but most of the time he didn't. Usually it was help with a scriptural teaching or scripture I thought he helped me with while in service, or with the public talk I'd give. I'll be damned if would help me with quitting tobacco though....the bastard!

I believe these seemingly answers from god are nothing but coincidenses myself as any heathen will testify as these things also happen to them........these things happen to everyone and not just believers. I've read things in the newspaper I was just thinking about. How many times have we all had an experience in which you and your friend are thinking the same thing at the same time? Or start singing the same song at the same time?

IN a 16 hour day of being awake....it's easy to see how a few strange things can happen on rare occations that seem beyond the norm.

Gumby

• dh
    dh
    Did you ever prayed for guidance and opened your bible in a passage that seem to show you the way?

no

Did you get a innocent comment from an old sister at the hall that seemed at the time like advice from the Almighty?

no

Did you feel the public talk was too fitting to your particular situation to be a coincidence?

no

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Did you ever ... opened your bible in a passage that seem to show you the way?

Actually my son made it as a game (to test the stuff) :

1. ask any question
    2. open a TV programme at any page
    3. point blindly your finger on it
    4. and check what it says ...

8/10 (for us) if you want it to answer your question IT WILL (unless its very odd of course because as it is a TV programme ...) it's all about you and you ...

TRY !!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:
    Methinks you're being vulnerable, here, and I totally respect you for it. I hope what you've said gives cause for some to think (especially if they're lurking and/or depressive).

This is exactly why I recommend that people "think" their way out of the WT, and even out of depression (to the extent possible), as oppossed to "feeling" their way out. It usually takes a combination of both though.

Well put!
    (though I'm not saying that depression is easy to lift out of, which I don't think is your point, either - some folk do need medical assistance).

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:

I believe these seemingly answers from god are nothing but coincidenses myself as any heathen will testify as these things also happen to them........these things happen to everyone and not just believers.

And that negates the experience? How?

• gumby
    gumby

Easy there LT....eeeeeeeeeasy.

I never said actual experiences never happen for some. My feelings are that these experiences often times are attributed to god when they are nothing more than a coincidence. I knew a pioneer in our congregation that gave Jehovah credit every dang time she had a successful bowel movement...( well, not exactly), but you get my drift.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't coincidences/experiences?
    How do you determine which is which? Context?
    Denomination? (gawd forbid...)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

How do you determine which is which?

Become a Calvinist! or should I say Hiper-Calvinist

D Dog

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    So sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't coincidences/experiences?
    How do you determine which is which? Context?Denomination? (gawd forbid...)

We can't ... an esotheric experience is what it is ESOTHERIC or MYSTIC (to you) Is it related to GOD ? (NO NO NO ... to me) or just ESOTHERIC CONNECTIONS which can exist ...

I mean, I can't deny that my father had premonition (was it GOD who send to this BASTARD a message* ?) why HIM ? nothing to do with GOD but with a personnal iner skill (born with or sensitive to ...)

* (read vision/dream)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I believe in devine intervention through experience. However, to accept devine intervention one has to be open to the "voice of god" though any and all sources.

Tuesday, May 8 1990. Approximately 1 or 2pm. I was home unable to go to work because of a great depression. I was standing in my livingroom, facing the tv in the corner by the windows, looking out the windows noticing how the blackberries had grown up. That was the only though I had....

Then a voice said, in my left ear, "Brenda, you have a problem with alcohol, and you will all of your life. It's up to you what you do with it".

Whoa, that's a weird thought!

Thurday about 7:15 my husband and I were walking toward the entrance to Ballard Hospital to visit his brother who had shoulder surgury. Walking in the front door was my sponsor and friend from my previous attempt at sobriety with AA. I called to her, we ran up and hugged. She said she was chairing the womens AA meeting and when I was done visiting my bro-in-law, suggested I drop in for a few. I did. I cried all the way home.

Friday I came home from work. I wanted to drink. There was only one beer in the fridge and I drank it. I wanted more, but to go to the store and buy more would admit to wanting more. So I started on the vodka. I hate vodka. I snuck the vodka. I NEVER in my past was bothered by wanting more, nor did I ever try to hide my drinking!

Saturday morning a friend called to say they couldn't go to the comedy club on Monday, his girlfriend was in the hospital. After tugging at him I found out that he had done an intervention and she was in treatment. "Tell P good for her!". When I hung up I though "what about me?"

That Friday night was my last drink. I quit Pot a week later.

Did "god" speak to me? Did (He She It They) step in my way and force me to look at myself?

Since I don't believe in that kind of god, but do believe in a Higher Power, YES. Emphatically, enthusiastically YES. I was devinely intervened upon. It may have just been my higher self setting me up, but whatever it was was too weird and too coincidental to ignore.

Hugs

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit