by Narkissos 105 Replies latest jw experiences

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

FairMind

athiest that believes in God but not man

Would that make you an "ahumanist"?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

It seems that the WTS was correct after all. As soon as a person removes themselves from their persistent conditioning they begin to fall into an intellectual disarray and actually have opinions that are just not unified enough for magazine distribution.

I remember years ago when one young MS decided to go 'cold-turkey' and admit to the elders that he no longer believed in God and viewed himself as an athiest. At the next elders meeting when this was noted, the first reaction of the PO was to ask for his service card to be pulled. Amazingly enough he had 'published' the average hours even that very month which caused a short circuit in the PO who asked wild-eyed. are you sure that you understood him correctly.....lol

The picture of cognitive-dissonance in action on all fronts.

HS

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh oh. The coffee's kicking in....

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Narkissos,

Great quote. It concisely sums up what otherwise takes several paragraphs to explain to the non-initiated.

As for myself, I do not believe that God exists.

On the other hand, I believe that the Christian conception of God does not exist, because if he did, he would collapse under the weight of his own illogicity.

SNG

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SeattleNiceGuy,

On the other hand, I believe that the Christian conception of God does not exist, because if he did, he would collapse under the weight of his own illogicity.

If a year was a reason, there would be two thousand reasons why your statement is incorrect.

HS

• glitter
    glitter

I don't *care* if God exists or not because he doesn't deserve worship.

Maybe I should worry about Hell... so it's good that I believe God does not exist too. :) :)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello hillary_step,

:: :: On the other hand, I believe that the Christian conception of God does not exist, because if he did, he would collapse under the weight of his own illogicity.

:: If a year was a reason, there would be two thousand reasons why your statement is incorrect.

LOL...So you're saying that the past 2000 years have borne silent testimony to how logical the Christian God's existence is?

SNG

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SNG,

:: :: On the other hand, I believe that the Christian conception of God does not exist, because if he did, he would collapse under the weight of his own illogicity.

:: If a year was a reason, there would be two thousand reasons why your statement is incorrect.

LOL...So you're saying that the past 2000 years have borne silent testimony to how logical the Christian God's existence is?

No, merely that it has not in two thousand years collapsed under the weight of its 'illogicity' as you suggest, and does not look like it is about to happen either. A lack of logic has seldom caused the collapse of any belief system.

Best regards - HS

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm a floating drifting agnostic in that I don't beleive in the bible god. I think that you can call God what ever is the first cause,,did everything come form nothing if that is true than God is "Nothing". Nothing is divided too because you can't have nothing unless you have "something" so maybe something and nothing is God.

Oh the limits of logic???

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

AlanF,

I believe that the Christian God does not exist, because if he did, he'd be a monster.

If you are going to believe evey stupid thing you are told by religionists then yes I can see your point.

So far as I can see, the universe functions precisely as if he doesn't exist.

So far as "you" can see. And how far do you see? Does your vision go beyond the universe? Can you even see what some insects can see? Please, have a little humility for your own limitations and that of mankind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit