Argument from an elder on why to not leave the JWs...

by undercover 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undercover
    undercover

Swan,

Those are good examples. I'll have to remember those.

That goes along with my argument about what good does it do to go along with the nation/organization when it makes mistakes if God doesn't distinquish between the good and the evil when he decides to straighten matters out.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My response once to an elder that told me the same thing was, if the WT GB is "spirit directed" by Jehovah and Jehovah is perfect, than the GB should not make mistakes. He also admitted that the WT has made mistakes i.e. 1975 but it was Jehovah's organization. I said, "what does that do to ones faith in an organization that is supposed to be God's "spirit directed" organization on earth and it makes mistake? and how many other mistakes are they making now? He did not have a response to those question. He kind of nodded his head while he was leaving my house.

Will

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Even though the nation as a whole had gone astray, there were still those faithful to Jehovah.

You can be faithful to your belief in Jehovah, if that is what you believe, without leaving your country.

Jehovah still called them his chosen people and those that were really faithful endured the bad times along with the good.

I'm sorry. I missed this divine proclamation in regards to the WTS. Did someone record it? It was probably on Fox News...

To leave shows disrespect for Jehovah's arrangement and selfishness.

Again, does someone have this newly announced arrangement taped? I really need to pay my cable bill... Jean

• Swan
    Swan

Undercover;

That goes along with my argument about what good does it do to go along with the nation/organization when it makes mistakes if God doesn't distinquish between the good and the evil when he decides to straighten matters out.

Yet the Watchtower folks are always very fond of applying that scripture in Revelation to other religions; you know, the one about get out Babylon the Great if you do not want to share in her sins. There have been both good and bad leaders and people in them. Are the good people who stay exempt from punishment? According to this scripture they should flee.

If Daniel and his three amigos had fled Jerusalem, they could have avoided a lot of trouble. Maybe that's what Jah really wanted them to do, but it makes for a boring story. You have to have a plot device, conflict, and a miracle or two to be a successful prophet.

Tammy

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Interesting note about "Jehovah's chosen people" the Isrealites.

Between Saul, the first king, and the end of the nations of Judah and Isreal (the two nations split soon after Soloman died) there were a total of 41 kings.

35 of those kings were directly opposed to Jehovah. They were apostates. Thats an 85% apostate rate for the leaders of God's chosen people. (See Insight on the Scriptures vol 1, pg 464-6, though further study of each king is required.)

Facts (using JW premise):

Jehovah allows apostates to govern his people. Could something similiar happen today?

Jehovah provided prophets to warn the people of their apostacy. What happened? They were persecuted, killed and shunned by who? Those same apostate kings. Does something similiar happen today?

There were two nations (Judah and Isreal). I thought there was only one "chosen people." So which nation was blessed by God in about 982 BC when Soloman's apostate sons Jeroboam (ruling Isreal) and Rehoboam (ruling Judah) were in power? Could something similiar happen today?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AlanF,as usual,is on the money....OUTLAW

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

You should have said "look how bad israel got the shaft... I think I'll split now thanks!"

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

assuming there is a Jehovah.... I can prove either way.... but if there is,

what evidence do JWs have for being HIS and not some counterfeit as they claim for all others?

seems to me that the evidence they present about themselves easily fits a dozen other cults

and there seems nothing special about JWs.... they certainly are not less dysfunctional than anyone else

and they certainly are not more loving than anyone else.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    He came back with the examples of the Israelites in the wilderness and under the various kings.

How is this a parallel in any way? Those Israelites who suffered under the "bad kings" in those days got no discernible reward for their faithfulness. They suffered because of the oppression and bad behavior of their rulers and then they got old and died. No Armageddon. No new system. And certainly no "spiritual paradise" provided by obedience to God's appointed shepherds, the aforementioned kings.

On second thought, the elder is right. It IS a good parallel. The Israelites suffered under lousy leadership and never saw any of the promises they lived for. Witnesses today: ditto.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    On second thought, the elder is right. It IS a good parallel. The Israelites suffered under lousy leadership and never saw any of the promises they lived for. Witnesses today: ditto.

Excellant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit