How does God communicate with us?

by JH 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

In the past, God spoke to humans through Angels, prophets, and Jesus.

Today, there are no prophets, angels don't show up anymore, and Jesus isn't there to speak to us.

We can talk to God through prayer, but how does God talk to us?

So, other than the bible which is pretty outdated, how can God communicate with humans?

• frenchbabyface
  • Peppermint
    Peppermint

He always speaks to me thru Tangle my pet python

• JH
    JH
    Mobile phone ???

Here is God's number: 1-212-???-???? trying to figure out the Watchtower's number...

• aniron
    aniron

Why through the Governing Body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society , of course.

If you believe that, there is no hope for you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mal.3:6
    For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Js.1:17
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Heb.3:8
    Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Rev 2:29
    He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

KJV

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I talk to my higher power all the time and she answers me. No voice, we don't have a dialogue, but I definately feel the presence. The answer is not always yes, either!

I don't think you need an intermediary even if you do like that little book LT quotes from.

There you go, a non-christian perspective.

Sherry

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Today, there are no prophets, angels don't show up anymore, and Jesus isn't there to speak to us.

That isn't my experience

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

JH,

The Bible is not outdated. It has been misrepresented and misunderstood but it is not outdated. It is still a way God can and does communicate himself to us. As for direct communication I like to think of it in terms of how a human parent communicates with their child. Sometimes we give an approving glance, sometimes words, sometimes a gesture and sometimes we may place that glass of milk in front of them and by our facial expression they know its time to drink their milk.

God too has many ways to communicate with us, we may not always recognize them but if we are looking for God he is listening, he is there. One of my favorite movies is Jim Carrey's "Bruce Almighty", at the end of the movie he's given the advice to BE THE MIRACLE, in other words be there to help others, make the miracle happen for others by his own efforts to help them. This translates into one word really, love. But now I've gone off your topic, sorry.

If we are hoping in God and looking out for his attempts to communicate with us, whether through the Bible, or our friends and family or perculiar co-incidences, or even dreams, we would see that he does indeed communicate. The key is an earnest heart and humility. If we have those things God will find us.

Love to you,

Sabrina

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sherry:
    My point was simply that some things don't change, regardless of what some religions teach.

Ultimately the Christian perspective is that you connect directly to God, too, if you accept the deity of Christ

As for the manner - amongst others, I have used your method to great satisfaction and would totally endorse your comments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit