Deadly toys

by Elsewhere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    playing with the mercury from thermometers was always a personal favorite

Yeah, mercury was fun! My father kept some in a tiny bottle for good luck. I would pour it out and play with it on the kitchen counter. I loved how I would press down on it and it would burst into dozens of tiny balls. Someone who held a lot of JW get-togethers had a set of lawn darts. Those things were so much fun, but would be deadly if someone got hit in the head. I think the coolest toy was at the worldly neighbor's house. He loved Ninja Turtles, and they came out with this car that would fire these plastic pizzas. Those things flew pretty good, and we used to shoot them at his dog all the time. A couple summers ago, I built myself a nice fun deadly toy..... a potato cannon! I can have loads of fun with that!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

OMG! You could take an eye out with one of those. LMAO!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    OMG! You could take an eye out with one of those. LMAO!

I looked around on the internet for an X-Ray pic I once saw but couldn't find it. It was of an X-Ray of a lawn dart in someone's head.

• undercover
    undercover

Jarts by Regent. That box in the pic is exactly like the box that ours came in. Were they the only ones out there or were there other versions?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol

Its turning my tummy to think of all the places kids got hit with those.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Jarts by Regent. That box in the pic is exactly like the box that ours came in. Were they the only ones out there or were there other versions?

There is a new version out now. They are much smaller and made of 100% plastic. (Wimps )

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I can remember when I was about 5 or 6 we had few toys so we just had fun doing stuff around the house like climbing on the roof and jump off like wonderwoman. We could have killed ourselves.

I remember this one time the neighbors had these hugh cacti and we all would run and try to jump over them without getting stuck.

I also remember my brother was about 10 or 11 and he had got those ninja throwing stars. He used to throw those around all the time.

What were our parents thinking?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I remember boxing with my brother. One day, I saw a Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs put a rock in his boxing glove and punched Yosemite Sam. You can pretty much guess what happened the next time we boxed.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I remember boxing with my brother. One day, I saw a Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs put a rock in his boxing glove and punched Yosemite Sam. You can pretty much guess what happened the next time we boxed.

Funny... my sister and I used to pretend to be beating up each other in the front yard... we were trying to get passing cars to stop so we could laugh at them. Between cars passing we would sit there and plan out our next "act" and as soon as we saw a car coming we would get up and go at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit