Did anyone enjoy singing the Kingdom Melodies?

by Kimmee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Kimmee
    Kimmee

Did anyone actually enjoy singing the Kingdom Melodies at the hall? Some of them were fun to sing, some of them were corny. My brother use to sing them loud but without any sound coming out of his mouth. The elders used to encourage us to sing loud with our mouths wide open like the apostle on the back cover of the songbook. Its funny that I can still remember some of those songs. Also, were there any songs that were you favorite? I can't remember the name of the songs but I can sing it for you : )

• prophecor
    prophecor

Keep Your Eyes on the Prize was one of my favorite cuts. Though if my songbook was available I could probably pick out a few more favorites. I considered it an integeral part of worship and took it very seriously. I didn't enjoy it as much as I saw it was my duty to have a positive attitude towards the Kingdom Melodies. I also invested much energy in the the fully orchestrated versions of the Kingdom Melodies. They actually were rather pleasant to listen to.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My husband has a bunch of the records of kingdom melodies. I hadn't known they made records until I saw those.

Does the WTS now make cd's of the songs?

Listening to the people sing at our old hall would not have been uplifting to anyone. There was about as much enthusiasm as one would display going to have a papsmear or prostate exam.

• Kimmee
    Kimmee

Yes they make cd's for the kingdom melodies. I have a whole cd case still with the plastic on it. I cannot bring myself to give them away but I dont listen to them either. Go figure.

• Englishman
    Englishman

There's some real assembly music here: http://www.l-and-a.com.au/comm/addons/archive.html

Make sure that you scroll to the bottom of the page to pause the automated midi music first.

Englishman.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Prophecor..that was my favorite too! In fact, ashamed to admit this, but I find myself humming it occassionally! LOL

• upside/down
    upside/down

Hated it!!! - (In Living Color)

I have never liked "religious" music. I would many times find myself making crude humor out of the lyrics and rolling my eyes on certain verses (ie. We're Jehovah's Witnesses we speak out in fearlessness our is the "God" of true prophecy, what he foretells comes to be...lalalala...)Vomit 2

You've got to be kidding me. Pure tripe!

u/d

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I actually think Christian Dedication is a very pretty song. They used to play it before the baptisms.

• jws
    jws

There were obviously some people at the hall who liked them. They'd sing them vigorously.

I always liked song breaks in that it meant a break from the talk. I used to like some of the ones with a more upbeat, uncomplicated chorus. When I was a kid, I liked songs like "From house to house", "We're Jehovah's Witnesses", and songs like that. I hated the slower ones and ones without a chorus. I don't remember thinking about the lyrics too much. They were just words to sing.

• dh
    dh

warrior king

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit