Did anyone enjoy singing the Kingdom Melodies?

by Kimmee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

I always thought the "kingdom Melodies" were hokey

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The only one I liked was that "Kiss the son lest god be angry". We had the piano renditions of the Melodies at our KH. The Piano was very thunderous when it got to that part, and it sounded awesome! All the other songs pretty much sucked.

• Kaique
    Kaique

I like the song number 10 :)

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Remember at the assemblies they would make it sound like an orchestra was playing?

What was that supposed to do? Make you sing more or sing better?

Yeah, like I liked it the regular way--what made them think I would like it even more? I still mouthed all the words 'cause it was so damn loud anyway.

laters

kaykay_mp

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I used to like God is a refuge...I think that is the name..geeee it is funny how fast you forget. The best part of singing is that you knew it was almost over.

Leslie

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Yes. Yes, I did.

But then, I grew up in a (worldly) household where singing folk songs in two-part harmony was part of the family recreation. So, as soon as I got my hands on a songbook, I began learning the alto part to each song that was listed on the back of the Watchtower along with the study articles.

In advance. I had a little recorder (flute-thingy, not machine-thingy) and could sight-read very slowly. It only took me a couple days of casual puttering to learn the alto harmony to two songs.

Man, I was so far gone in those days! Cultic zeal plus incipient music-geekiness...not a pretty sight.

Gently Feral

• minimus
    minimus

Overall, the WORST religious songs, as a whole are JW kingdom melodies.

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

I actually liked a few of them....when I was "innocent and naive"..this was one of the few "recreational" things we did around the house. Now when I hear them they make me laugh....they are hilarious...and I have very funny "hall and assembly" memories associated with them. I hated how they wanted us to sing with enthusiasm. This music does not make you wanna do that. My father would get mad because my sister and I would sing "worldly" songs better than the melodies! What did he expect? Especially since my sister and I can really sing...But some of the songs are actually nice...some have special meaning to me...my top 5 are...(in no particular order)...but the best religious music ever is gospel...the kmelodies have NOTHING on gospel...Real gospel music can change your life and bring you closer to God..I actally remember most of the songs and the lyrics

The Divine Way of Love

Make the "Truth" Your Own

Life Without End At Last

The Light Gets Brighter

God's Loyal Love....I have others......

• Honesty
    Honesty

I liked Christian Dedication but... it and all the other 'pump yourself up to go out and tell lies to the sheep in FS' songs are soooooo self-serving compared to some of the ones I hear like 'Amazing Grace, How Great Thou Art, Holy Holy Holy and others that praise the real God and His Son since I started attending meetings at (OH GASP!!!, you dreadful apostate scum) a Christian Bible-believing church.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I enjoyed some of the more upbeat songs, but really, anything that would break us from the rest of the boring ass meeting worked for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit