US Special Troops in Iran?

by Midget-Sasquatch 45 Replies latest social current

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4180087.stm#

As if the ayatollahs weren't paranoid enough?

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Oh, like it's fair that we get to have nukes, but let another country do it and they're "weapons of mass destruction". We already almost blew another country off the face of the earth and suddenly it's ok.

Let's kill each other the old-fashioned way. Kalasznikovs all around, everyone. That'll even the odds.

laters

kaykay_mp

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder who is next on the list, North Korea?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

CZAR "you knew it was coming" klass

• Preston
    Preston

The pentagon has already thrashed the Seymor Hersh article...weird considering It's rare for the Pentagon to issue such a long and detailed response to a single news account, much less a single specific journalist.

The New Yorker journalist adds that President Bush has authorised the operations, defining them as military to avoid legal restrictions on CIA covert intelligence activities overseas.

They constitute a revival of a form of covert US military activity used in the 1980s, notably in support of the Nicaraguan Contras.

The irony is we sold arms to Iran to fund the Contra armies in Honduras since Congress made it illegal for Reagan to fund it using taxpayer money. Don't expect Congress to bitch about it....

- Preston

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Excellent idea!

America (and no doubt Britain)goes to war with Iran.Iran nukes Israel. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• undercover
    undercover

The US won't mess with North Korea....they already got nukes and they'll use em.

The US is like the bully at school. He picks on people he knows he can lick, but never takes on the linebacker from the football team.

It wasn't always like this, but under W the US has turned into an aggressor nation. I know I'm proud

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Isn't it funny how we help some countries, and like, 20 years later, it totally blows up in our faces?

Think of how we helped Saddam in his rise to power, and put the Shah in Iran before the revolution.

And people think that we need to meddle in foreign affairs to "make the world safe for democracy".

It was all too easy to catch Saddam. If that was me, I would have been long gone hiding on a uncharted private island somewhere. His capture had to have been a setup.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Simon
    Simon

You will find the UK will not support the US going into Iran (or anywhere much else).

Trust me. If Blair tries it will be the last thing he does as PM.

There is only 1 person I know of in the UK who supports the unilateral invasion of foreign powers and that happens to be God Boy Blair.

Besides, the US simply does not have the capability to open up another front. It is already bogged down and overstretched. Iraq has given any country who has the mind to oppose it the confidence that it isn't as big and powerful as it likes to think. It is Rome on the decline but just hasn't woken up to it yet because the people in charge feeding the people the propaganda don't tell the truth.

• Simon
    Simon
    Isn't it funny how we help some countries, and like, 20 years later, it totally blows up in our faces?

It blows up in your face precisely because your "help" is nothing of the sort. You wonder why people despise America when they have suffered under the brutal dictators that you put in power? You expect their thanks for removing them? (and again killing hundreds of thousands in the process!).

The US is like the bully at school. He picks on people he knows he can lick, but never takes on the linebacker from the football team.

It wasn't always like this, but under W the US has turned into an aggressor nation. I know I'm proud

There has never been a world power that didn't fall. However secure and unassailable they may have appeared.

The British Empire (you know, we ran the world before you) dissolved but is largely well thought of by it's kingdoms. Do you imagine that America's "allies" will be as supportive and friendly on the way down or eager to but the boot in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit