Are You "Up" With All The Latest JW Rules, Lingo & Policies of The WT.?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you still think JWs still call it, "Book Study Conductor" or "Congregation Servant"? Or do you still say, "JWs sell books"? Do JWs take blood or don't they? Are the "blood cards" discontinued or what?........Are there things you're not quite sure about as to what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach or believe???

• blondie
    blondie
    Do you still think JWs still call it, "Book Study Conductor" or "Congregation Servant"? Or do you still say, "JWs sell books"? Do JWs take blood or don't they? Are the "blood cards" discontinued or what?........Are there things you're not quite sure about as to what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach or believe???

1) Now Book Study Overseer 2) only ministerial servants, all else "overseers" 3) WTS officially never said they sold books...place books or magazines 4) blood fractions now 5) Actually, the WTS always considered "blood cards" wrong terminloogy; Advanced Medical Directive card was preferred 6) Durable Power of Attorneys now (DPAs) Can JWs divorce on grounds other than adultery? (trick question)

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser
    Can JWs divorce on grounds other than adultery? (trick question)

Yes....But can't get remarried untill proven "scripturaly" released by other party committing adultry.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs can get an "unscriptural divorce" but they can't remarry or else they're fornicating. ......Is it Watchtower Study Overseer???

• blondie
    blondie

Good point, minimus. It is Watchtower Study CONDUCTOR not overseer. I wonder why. I would think the WT study is more important than the book study...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    It is Watchtower Study CONDUCTOR not overseer. I wonder why. I would think the WT study is more important than the book study...

Perhaps because it's usually the Book Study Overseer, is responsible for overseeing the meetings for field service, or at least finding another poor brother to dump it on.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Is it still Elderette or is it now Elder Overseerette? Conductorette?

I'm a little slow lol

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

There was this pio sister in our hall that used to call this one bro "The desolating thing that causes disgust".

I thought it was hilarious!

u/d

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    The Latest JW Rules, Lingo & Policies of The WT

Good point Minimus. It is by means of these things that JWs control and get the measure of people.

Do you remember the old 'New things Learned' at CO's visits? It was really a test to see if everyone was up to speed in 'JW Speak'. Woe betide you if you didn't know the ins and outs of the latest 'new light'.

Eyeslice

• minimus
    minimus

We used to say "Old Things Forgotten" instead of "New Things Learned".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit