Convention and Assembly Food Service

by POs Son 15 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I love this subject, PO's Son! There were also some hilarious responses on an old thread - I love rereading them!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/67296/1.ashx

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

They introduced the 'simplified' arrangement back in the 90's - BYO - it sucked! I only used to go for the food - so I stopped going - HA!

~Beck~

• POs Son
    POs Son

seeitallclearlynow - Thanks for the link - - that was 4 pages of fun memories.

We were always involved at some level with Food Service, Trucking or something similar. It gave us a place to eat with a table, instead of sitting in the stands. There was a definate benefit to missing a few hours of manuscript reading. (I would call them talks, but they were really just being read.)

I *LOVED* working the 'reefer" truck. No, all you midnight tokers, not that kind of Reefer, but rather the refrigerator truck, containing all the perishable food stuffs. When the June temperature got up to 85 or more, and the humidity at 80%, the reefer was the only cool (and quiet) place to be.

Does any one else catch them selves humming Kingdum Songs due to endless hours of them being played, pre convention, during lunches, after sessions, at Quick Builds. I haven't heard on of those songs in a decade... and still they pop into my head.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Yes, I still hum one or two of the songs from time to time. Less recently than I used to. But I was always a big hummer.

• Pwned
    Pwned

Another good related thread... ahh memory lane.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/52821/1.ashx

• blondie
    blondie

Cheese danishes

Apple-cinnamon danishes

Frozen orange juice

Coffee so hot it burned your tongue

Muffneggs

Burritos

Hot chicken sandwiches

Roast beef sandwiches

Baaaaaaaaaaad soda (no wonder they had to tell everyone to be sure to pour it out before putting the can in the recycling tub)

Swiss Miss chocolate and vanilla pudding

I agree that working in food service put people together, working and talking, that would have just ignored each other.

Remember how they used to tell you to introduce yourself to the person or family next to you. We always got the owl-eyed look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit