I hate my job....

by Tatiana 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Not the work, it's quiet, and I get to wear headphones and listen to music all day long.

It's all the info...too much.

Each and every day, I type medical claims for thousands of people. (It sucks that some of them I have to deny --who pays for it?) When you hear about disease, death, or even experience it in your own family, it hurts like hell. It makes you prioritise your life. It changes you. But, you accept it and go on. (Most of us)

But, when you see SO MANY people and SO MANY DISEASES and the magnitude of the pain and suffering....I get so damned angry. Where did this shit come from? Why do we have to live like this? I used to believe that there would be an end to it all. Where the hell is GOD???? And if there isn't one, WHY????? This is what there is to look forward to......??????

(code)
    344.0---Quadriplegia
    655.83---fetal abnormalities
    756.0---abnormal skull
    585---chronic renal failure
    799.0--asphyxia
    V42.1--heart transplant
    2040--epilepsy (12 years old)
    255.2--adrenogenital disorder (7 year old girl)

296.80---manic depression (in an 8 YEAR OLD????)

So many more...the codes don't even matter....too many HIV sufferers to count. An 18 year old with a cleft palate-lip. Pulmonary collapse, juvenile diabetes, soooo many masses in sooooo many breasts, full blown AIDS, way too many lung cancer/mouth cancer/skin cancer claims. Thousands and thousands of people.....babies, children, elderly, mothers, fathers....damn....

No answers...sorry. Just venting....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But medical progress is being made all the time and diseases that were once incurable can now be cured and one day the big scourge of cancer will be curable. I am the eternal optimist and the world is getting a better place overall

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That would be a burden, seeing that day in and day out. Perhaps it would be good to force yourself to spend a certain amount of time reading news of medical science...just as an antidote. As stillajwexelder said, there is alot of good news out there, and alot of hope on the horizon. Otherwise, one can find oneself falling back into "JW" mode, of seeing huge negatives while never noticing the amazing positives.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I do read articles about the progress that's being made with certain diseases. But will the cures come in time for the mother who's dying of malignant melonoma? Or the 32 year old father who's dying of pancreatic cancer? I doubt it...

With the drug companies so corrupted, and money supposedly earmarked for grants for research going who knows where?

Sometimes it's just overwhelming.*sigh*

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do read articles about the progress that's being made with certain diseases. But will the cures come in time for the mother who's dying of malignant melonoma? Or the 32 year old father who's dying of pancreatic cancer? I doubt it...

NO true - and I feel for them and you - but it still helps to be optimistic or we just play into the hnad sof the ndoom and gloom merchants like the WTBTS

• Special K
    Special K

I can certainly understanding your need to vent. So much disease and suffering for people and you see it line after line after line. Is there some way to disconnect from that emotionally?....

Feel free to continue and yes, truly sad about an 8year old who is manic depressive.

Special K

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

yep I can understand your feelings here ... (((Tatiana)))

Personaly I'm a sponge (and lots of people are) that's why I didn't even considere to embrace my mother's job (Nurse - which is a very nice job - and I thank on my kneese those who are able to handle it and moreover in the worste areas) hearing, knowing, seing and moreover on a large scale and on a regular basis would get me down for sure

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    I didn't even considere to embrace my mother's job (Nurse - which is a very nice job - and I thank on my kneese those who are able to handle it and moreover in the worste areas) hearing, knowing, seing and moreover on a large scale and on a regular basis would get me down for sure

true, french....all I'm doing is "reading" it every day. To SEE it everyday, like your mom???? I guess you have to emotionally detach yourself, (((Special K))).

I just can't seem to.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I confess - I could not be a nurse or a doctor - all in the medical field have my respect and admiration

• Fleur
    Fleur

((((((((((((((Tatiana)))))))))))))))))

It's not easy...maybe if you can think of the people that you're able to help by approving the claims then you'll have a new perspective on it?

When my family members were in ICU for extended periods of time (can't give more specific info here) I have seen so much. Broken necks, brain tumors, babies burned beyond recognition in fires and undergoing treatment...you do wonder where god is in all this.

I wish i had the answers for you. Cancer is a b****. Lost several family members to it and seen more than I ever wanted to doing charity work for peds oncology. I couldn't do it everyday; the people who do are heroes to me. I'm glad that someone is able to do it.

It speaks so much about your character that you are bothered by this...not that we didn't know you are a sweetheart already...it's just that I doubt many people doing the job care so much. You're a wonderful person.

hugs

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit