brainwashed ???

by sugarbritches 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

'Not in the least. What I'm saying is that Jehovah is unwilling to accept responsibility of negative outcomes of his own actions, yet exacts punishment from "wrongdoers" far beyond those who are responsible for the wrongdoing. Seems very hypocritical to me, that's all.'

We're all responsible for our own actions though. My mum never braught me up to hit people. I hit someone the other day. Therefore I'm responsible. Not my mother.

If i was you, i could for debates sake, say 'well mum, you in the end, got me born, so therefore, i blame you for hitting this lad.'

Why do you think he braught his son jesus down to earth?

• Scully
    Scully
    We're all responsible for our own actions though. My mum never braught me up to hit people. I hit someone the other day. Therefore I'm responsible. Not my mother.

If i was you, i could for debates sake, say 'well mum, you in the end, got me born, so therefore, i blame you for hitting this lad.'

Thanks for supporting my point, although I know you were trying not to! LOL

If we are all responsible for our own actions, then why does Jehovah take accountability several generations past the actual wrongdoing, and yet still not accept any responsibility for his creation of Satan the devil?

The thing is, people have invented things for one purpose that have ended up being misused and abused. The people who abuse and misuse are held liable for their abuse and misuse. But if there is an inherent flaw in the invention - for instance, a medical product - that causes untoward and potentially lethal side effects (Vioxx, for example) the manufacturer is liable for the flaws.

So, in creating people and "beings" with Free Will?, did Jehovah create us with an inherent flaw? Or is our exercise of Free Will? in a manner that he does not approve show that we were created with a flaw? If Free Will? is a flaw, how can Jehovah claim that all his works are "perfect"? If Free Will? is not a flaw, but to use it brings his displeasure and eventual punishment when we don't use it the way he wants, is that not a form of coersion? If it's true that it's a form of coersion, how can it really be Free Will?? Doesn't that also show that we were created with an inherent flaw - that we need to be cattle-prodded into using our Free Will? the way God wants us to use it?

This is actually part of the reason why I'm not a believer anymore.

Cheers, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit