brainwashed ???

by sugarbritches 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I rember one sister when a householder accused he rof being brainwashed replied "I am glad I was brainwashed - my brain before I became a witness was wicked and dirty and I needed brainwashing" most dubs have an answert for everything

• Mary
    Mary
    I think people have the free will to make their own choices as well but ....it gets a little more complex when you're raised in the religion

Exactly. I was born in "the troof", so this stuff was ingrained in me from the time I was born......I can't even blame my parents because they were both raised in it as well............

• Scully
    Scully
    If you know that Satan ''the god of this system of things."( 2 Corinthians 4:4 ) how can you direcetly blame jehovah for that?

Did Jehovah (or Jesus, who had authority from Jehovah) not create the being that became known as Satan "the god of this system of things"? That's direct enough of a link for me to "blame Jehovah".

Love, Scully

• setfree
    setfree

Scully, Isn't that like a theif being born a thief? Do we blame God for all thieves? :D

• Scully
    Scully
    Scully, Isn't that like a theif being born a thief? Do we blame God for all thieves? :D

No, we don't. But Jehovah didn't create all thieves with his own hands, did he? He did - with the assistance of Jesus/Michael the Archangel (according to JW doctrine) - create the being who became Satan the Devil. If I make an error in judgement at my place of work that has a negative outcome, I am still responsible for my actions. Why doesn't Jehovah take responsibility for his role in the negative outcome of Satan the Devil's existence?

• setfree
    setfree

I personally think that he will eventually deal with Satan on his time frame not ours. Like all humans, even Satan has freewill.

• Scully
    Scully

nice way to dodge the issue.

I personally think that he will eventually deal with Satan on his time frame not ours. Like all humans, even Satan has freewill.

So, why is it, that Jehovah punishes - not just those who sin against him - but generation upon generation that follows? Doesn't that seem (a) excessive and harsh, and (b) unfairly holding someone accountable for behaviour and choices that are not theirs?

Rbi8 Exodus 20:4-6 ***

"You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth. 5

You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me; 6 but exercising loving-kindness toward the thousandth generation in the case of those who love me and keep my commandments.
  • setfree
    setfree

So are you now saying that God has "punished" us by creating Satan.

• Scully
    Scully
    So are you now saying that God has "punished" us by creating Satan.

Not in the least. What I'm saying is that Jehovah is unwilling to accept responsibility of negative outcomes of his own actions, yet exacts punishment from "wrongdoers" far beyond those who are responsible for the wrongdoing. Seems very hypocritical to me, that's all.

• setfree
    setfree

I guess we can both agree to disagree on this matter. Personally I have always wondered why in the Hebrew scriptures, God was all about as you have stated in Exodus: exacting judgement and discipline blah blah blah and then in the Greek he is all about love and foregiveness. I am reading ISOCF and Ray explained this but Im afraid I can't give it justice. Something about in the OT, these were people without law and required this "harsh" treatment. Maybe you have read this? Just asking :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit