Power of Nightmares re-awakened

by Simon 13 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

The BBC are re-showing the excellent "Power of Nightmares" series of 3 programmes. BBC2 23:20 on Tue 18 to Thu 20 of Jan.

If anyone missed it first time round I would highly recommend it - you will sit in disbelief that people have got away with what they have and how manipulated the masses are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4171213.stm

• upside/down
    upside/down

Where, when , how, can one watch this in the States?

I'd love to see it!

u/d

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

some cable networks have the BBC, you have to call your cable company, or you have to get satallite service.

Someone might record it though and distribute it, or the BBC might sell copies of it.

• seawolf
    seawolf

These were up on torrents when it originally aired....

• Simon
    Simon

On now ... seems even more chilling when you watch it second time around

Oh, what a world we might of had

It's very telling IMO how Bush never caught Bin Laden. He knows that he NEEDS Bin Laden "out there". He only exists because Bin Laden exists. Every asshole needs a nemesis it seems ...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Simon,

Your politics always confuse me. What do you mean by "What a world we might of had?" Do you mean if Bush had never attacked Iraq and removed Saddam from power in his "War on Terror" Driving to work this morning I heard yet again that Iran is next on his hit-list, I agree this is worrying, but I don't believe for one moment that Bush "needs" to have Bin Laden out there to exist. Bush got re-elected in the biggest poll vote in American history, like him I'm sure most Americans and many in the Western world would like to see nothing better than Bin Laden caught and bought to trial for his part in 9/11 and other associated terrorist activities.

I'm glad Saddam is gone. I'll be glad when Bin Laden is too. Good luck to Bush/Blair or whatever administration finds him.

Scoob

• glitter
    glitter

The violence commited by both sides is very obviously real, but (on both sides) the danger is out of proportion. The neo-cons (*not* conservatives or ordinary right-wingers) need to Islamic bogeyman and the Islamic nutters need their "Great Satan" bogeyman. Both are absolute lies to keep the citizens safe/moral = keep them in line with *their* teachings.

There are torrents (UKNova is great, but I don't know if they are allowing new sign-ups at the moment), and the programmes can also be viewed online if you have Real Player:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

There are transcripts on those ^ pages if you don't have (or, like me, won't *get*) Real Player.

• seawolf
    seawolf

I used to be on UKnova till I guess I didn't sign in enough and I got deleted. I just signed up in November, too !

Just use "Real Alternative" instead of the new bloatware city versions of Real player....

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

• glitter
    glitter

Yeah, but Real Alt doesn't seem to do embedded Real video - at least not in Firefox.

I downloaded episode one back when it was first on in three parts and played it on Real Alt, but goodness knows what site it was.

• Simon
    Simon
    Your politics always confuse me. What do you mean by "What a world we might of had?" Do you mean if Bush had never attacked Iraq and removed Saddam from power in his "War on Terror"

No, I mean there was real possibility of cooperation and peace between the major countries and Muslim powers before it was scuppered by those who wanted conflict.

"What miught have been"

What ever happed to Henry Kissinger diplomacy and working hard to resolve things instead of peddling arms and comic book politics?

Bloody Ray-Gun and the dolts who voted for him. IMO that is when America started it's decline and become a joke instead of a leader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit