Visited by elder at work

by Winston Smith :>D 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((Winston)))))))

I think you've done some major healing to get to this point. I'm so proud of you. I've done a lot of healing myself, except when it comes to my parents. If I saw a JW or even an old JW friend on the street, I can't say that I'd have any hard feelings toward them. Seeing my parents? That's a different story. So much water under the bridge there.

I agree that living well is the best revenge. Except I have no question that when my parents see me living well, their thought is, "Satan will give her whatever she wants just to keep her out of the fold. Of course she's happy." They really don't have a clue.

Andi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

*oops* double post

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Bang on, Dude! Both of you acted like human beings. What a concept!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Way to go Winston.

I'm glad you made it out in one piece.

Chris

• jws
    jws
    I bring up cars since he loved German cars and I tell him that I just totaled my BWM 535 . We talk about what kind of car I?m getting, an older BMW 735. He tells me that it?s one of his favorite cars and wants to get one some day.

Beamers - must run in the family. You told me who your cousin was and I remember him driving a BMW too.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

You handled it sooo well! Whether he can admit yet or not, he just saw that the WTS's picture of you is a bunch of garbage. Your both human, period.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

You handled that masterfully. Good for you. JW's could learn a lesson or two about human relations and christian behavior.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Hey, nice job on how you handeled that situation. I'm glad it made you feel a little better about things.

Dustin

• jaredg
    jaredg
    Beamers - must run in the family. You told me who your cousin was and I remember him driving a BMW too

i hate to be a prude but a "beamer" is a BMW bike and a "bimmer" is a BMW car. just a little pet peave of mine.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    i hate to be a prude but a "beamer" is a BMW bike and a "bimmer" is a BMW car. just a little pet peave of mine.

What a "bummer".

Jared,

I'm not poking fun but I never heard it called a bimmer. Is it a regional pronounciation?

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit