Quick help please! My Mom wants to see the truth about "the truth"

by FreedomFrog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Well, Gina's off. Her mom and dad will be waiting to talk with her. I wasn't invited, but couldn't have left anyway. (I work from home. ["work" is a relative term. Let us say that I'm paid at home and leave it at that.])

No doubt she'll be posting as soon as she walks back in the door! You may hear it all before I do!

Thanks for everyone's input.

Dave

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Dave - let us know! This is great for her and I hope for her mom! And do you need a satellite office partner?

Bebe - very nice post. There is enough if there to save many people.

By the way does anyone know the owner of the www.607v587.com website?

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

((((Gina and Dave)))) This is very happy news!!!

Show her Quotes website, and the thread in connection with the Tower trying to intimidate him. If 'The Truth' is indeed the truth, their past and present should be able to stand up to scrutiny.

Man, oh man, GOOD LUCK!!!!

LRH and Iskra

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

http://www.whois.sc/607v587.com

WhoIs has the info but I won't post it publicly. Don't know what it could hurt, but that reasoning's gotten me in trouble before!

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think the best thing you can do is run down to a local bookstore and get a copy of Crisis of Conscience

• garybuss
    garybuss

I showed it all to a Witness and s/he handed it all back to me after a week and said it's all lies. End of discussion . . . and relationship.

• avishai
    avishai

I'd say the UN membership.

• metatron
    metatron

The emphasis on the name "Jehovah" is unscriptural. The Israelites NEVER used the name "Jehovah" - as there was no "J"

in their alphabet.

Jesus emphasized that God was our heavenly Father - and carefully avoided using "Jehovah" or Yahweh". He avoided it

in the Lord's Prayer "Our FATHER in the heavens, hallowed be thy name". He avoided it while dying saying "Father, forgive them"

and "Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit". He could have caused the name to be transliterated into every Bible in the world

BUT DIDN'T , by saying "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani" meaning "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" ( It says God,

not Jehovah ,in this verse in the psalms - which Jesus chose.) Even Almighty God avoided using "Jehovah"! This is shown

in the account in which Jesus said "Father, glorify your name" and a voice thundered out of heaven that didn't mention

the name in response.

The apostle Paul avoided the name "Jehovah" by saying that Christians have "one God, the FATHER ... and one Lord, Jesus"

The apostle John didn't use the name at all - in any of his 3 letters, even in the New World Translation! He emphasized "Father",

as 1st century Christians did.

The Watchtower emphasis on "Jehovah" is wrong because the Christian Greek scriptures emphasize "Father" instead.

The Watchtower does this to stir up contentions against other Christian groups and find fault with them, to its own

advantage, regardless of what the Bible simply says.

metatron

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

I am really hoping it all goes well for you. I am a little nervous for you guys and cant wait to hear the outcome. I am always hopeful that my mom and dad will approch me with questions and wanting information. At least if they dont accept it right away, it might plant a little seed of doubt that will eat away at them over time.

MonkeyPrincess

• prophecor
    prophecor

Mexico-Malawi, Period!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit