end of time

by sugarbritches 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

Hi although none us know- how many of you think that we are really living in the last days as the JW's and many other religions believe?Sugarbritches

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Not me. I think almost every generation believes it's going to be the last. Even Jesus apostles thought they were living at the "end." What's the point? I'm not going to live my life any different even if it was.

• Gill
    Gill

Things are always changing. It's always the end for something or someone. But not the end as the JWs would have us believe.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Not at all... They have been saying this for 2000 years now.

FMZ

• upside/down
    upside/down

What does it change?

Be normal, live.... it comes- yeah!

Run around like a chicken (a tofu chicken for the vegans) with it's head cut off, don't live.... it comes- yeah!

It doesn't ever come.... yeah!

Why all the fuss?

u/d Disappointed 3

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

It changes nothing- just seemed like a good question to ask.

• steve2
    steve2

I recently saw a documentary on Pompeii. In the aftermath of the eruption and massive human toll, the populace expected the whole world to end.

Also, in the 14th Century during the Black Plague, end-of-the-world rhetoric predominated.

Didn't Charles Russell originally believe that the French Revolution signalled the beginning of the time of the end?

I believe that the reason Winston Churchill believed so strongly that World War 1 was the most significant world event ever was because it marked the zenith of his own military power and involvement.

When we're up so close to world events, we can become very convinced that this time it's really the end. I've had a lifetime of JWs crying "Wolf!" every time a big event unfolds.

They've only got themselves to blame that they mostly get an apathetic response nowadays, and from the rank and file as well.

steve2

• steve2
    steve2

I recently saw a documentary on Pompeii. In the aftermath of the eruption and massive human toll, the populace expected the whole world to end.

Also, in the 14th Century during the Black Plague, end-of-the-world rhetoric predominated.

Didn't Charles Russell originally believe that the French Revolution signalled the beginning of the time of the end?

I believe that the reason Winston Churchill believed so strongly that World War 1 was the most significant world event ever was because it marked the zenith of his own military power and involvement.

When we're up so close to world events, we can become very convinced that this time it's really the end. I've had a lifetime of JWs crying "Wolf!" every time a big event unfolds.

They've only got themselves to blame that they mostly get an apathetic response nowadays, and from the rank and file as well.

steve2

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Last days of what??? TGIF!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Not in the last days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit