end of time

by sugarbritches 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

I think every so often the world has a bunch of natural catastrophes or one global catastrophe that almost wipe us all out, and the survivors live on. Legends begin, and then religions sprout and go on to put a mystical spin on what was a natural process. So no I do not think the world is going end (not until the sun dies in a few billion years). I think it's possible that the system/society/civilisation we live in now could be destroyed, but I do not think it will be by any god, it will just be the cycle of life on planet earth.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

No longer living in the last days, just living my days at last.

• under74
    under74

I don't think we're in the last days even if many in my nation do. The pendulum swings back and forth. It seems like things are getting but every era has people that think that way.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

There's a book by Damian Thompson entitled (appropriately enough) The End of Time that details the history of apocalyptic and millenarian sects. Very interesting reading. The JWs are nothing new. People have been predicting the end since time began. So far, they've all been wrong.

• steve2
    steve2

The uncomfortable reality for me is, I will probably end before the world does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit