Another Television Show on the Jehovah's Witnesses on February 7th

by jschwehm 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Gang:

There will be an open-line program on the Eternal Word Television Network on the Jehovah's Witnesses on February 7th at 8 pm Eastern Time in the USA. I will be on the show. Please watch and try to call in. We are supposed to spend most of the time taking calls.

I will share my own story very briefly of my journey from the Jehovah's Witnesses and to the Catholic Church.

In any case, please watch and try to call-in.

Jeff Schwehm

http://www.ewtn.com/journeyhome/index.asp#

http://www.catholicxjw.com

• upside/down
    upside/down

Funny I ran from the Catholic church to the JW's.

I was an altar boy, went to La Purisima grade school and got a scholarship to Mater Dei High School (at the time the largest co-ed CHS on the West coast) and was a "chaplain" with the Boy Scouts (I was an Eagle Scout).

Wow, morbid curiosity makes me want to see how someone would do the exact opposite of what I did.

Is this going to be a show on the Dubs or a plug for the Catholic church? Just curious. You're not one of those "self-serving" ex-Dubs are you- you know the ones who just want to make $$$ off of being an ex-Dub? NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT....

u/d

• Mulan
    Mulan

I've never heard of that network, but will see if we get it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I believe this network is on my satellite. I believe this network is run out of Birmingham, AL.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Upside/down,

I did the same thing: run from the Catholic Church to the Jehovah's Witnesses. Stayed nearly 8 years, but walked right back to the Church. I'm still Catholic today and will NEVER return to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

No, if anything I lose money being an ex-dub. The show will be about the Catholic Church and the positive things about it since of course the show is on a Catholic TV Network and I view my conversion to the Catholic Church as a positive thing. However, it will also be about the JWs and the problems associated with being or having been a JW. I try to be as fair as I can on the issues. I hope you can watch the show that day and decide if I am successful in being fair to all.

Have a great day.

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Seems like you are replacing one dysfunction for another.

Will

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It doesn't look like we get that network. Will it be on their web site? I saw a Real Audio/video link, but I don't know if they run everything through it.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Funny I ran from the Catholic church to the JW's.

So did I! I had just suffered an emotional run-in with a rather hard-nosed priest and was shattered. Within a few weeks the JWs came to my door and the rest is history, LOL!

I didn't say this to start an anti-catholic bashing, because I wouldn't put down anyone's beliefs on here (except for the WTS of course), but some of this seems ironic to a few of us. (grin)

I just marked this on the calendar and hope to watch it.

hugs,

Annie

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Jeff

I will share my own story very briefly of my journey from the Jehovah's Witnesses and to the Catholic Church.

I would think you are tired of trying to keep the law.

D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit