Moving to the USA?

by Peppermint 20 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

come to the North Shore of Long Island, New York; it is a great place to live and raise a family and is within a one hour commute into New York City.

I have heard it on the best of authority that our Simon is considering becoming an American and moving here.

So, you see, you would be in very good company.

• undercover
    undercover

"I understand why lizards live in sunny Arizona, but why people do and call it home I'll never understand"

Robert Earl Keen in the song, "Furnace Fan"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Apparently I should move to Las Cruces, New Mexico.
    I've never heard of the place - LOL.

Louisiana, Arkansas and California were also further down the list.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Lake Havasu City, Arizona or Rockport, Texas. All the city´s on my list are on the Best place to retire list

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Little Toe- a good friend of mine lives in Las Cruces. She and her hubby both think it's wonderful, but pretty danged hot.

As far as I'm concerned, coastal Maine has it over the rest of the US, as far as climate and culture are concerned ( Insomniac ducks, as Country Girl hurls a Texas cowflap at her head in retribution for this insult). Honestly, up here we're comfortably set apart from the rest of the states, but still, one hour's drive south takes me to an excellent blues club ( Ray LaMontagne, anyone?), 2 1/2 hours will take me to Cambridge/Boston for the evening, and a mere 7 hours gets me into Manhattan, so we're not entirely isolated. In general, the US is a great place to live, but the farther Northeast you go, the better.

(edited cuz Insomniac cain't spell too good when she first wakes up.)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I also love doing surveys, and I really had a lot of fun with www.findyourspot.com . My ideal spot is Sequim, Washington. Does that mean I am almost over-the-hill?

Hey! I thought it was the Canadian Loyalists who did that.

You burned down the White House and no way are you ever setting foot in the land of the free and the home of the brave".

Our recollection of that event is a little different than yours.

• under74
    under74
    My ideal spot is Sequim, Washington.

Sequim is a great town. It's great because unlike Seattle it gets a lot of sun and it's close enough to visit the city when you want. There are a lot of retirees in that part of the state but I know some young people there that don't think it's so bad.

But just to let you know it's pronounced *squim* ....like squid.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Someone else in this forum already told us about this "survey." According to a Gorup of Poeple who made dcotinary, no matter how you write order of a word, as long as all the alphabets formed that word appear in the word, people still can understadn it. Right ?

jwsons

• upside/down
    upside/down

AARP voted Fort Collins/ Loveland Colorado the #1 retirement spot in US a year or so ago.

The only skyscrapers here are 14,000 ft snow covered peaks. Not too big, not too small. Dry climate. Not too hot or too cold. Just right!

Goldie Locks would love it, Blushy Girl

u/d

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

def don't move to mass,ther's a reason were called "massholes".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit