Do spiritual ones sit closer to the front?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

DF'd ones are asked to sit in the back row at the hall. Although I was never DF'd, I always sat in the back because I felt more comfortable back there. I never did participate much anyways so I sat in the last row or before last.

I always had the impression that sitting in the back row was like telling the elders that you done something wrong.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I guess generally speaking, those most likely to be inclined to answer up sit towards the front.

However, I don't think that this is particularly a JW issue or problem. I have spoken at loads of seminars and events and getting people to sit towards the front rather than at the back is always a problem.

Eyeslice

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Also in back are the ones with the small children.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the halls I went to, no one sat in the first 4 to 5 rows.

• melmac
    melmac

Wherever I am, except for theaters (not "movies") I ALWAYS sit at the back. First because I don't like people looking over my shoulders. Second, because it makes strategic escapes easier (unless the entrance is in the front). Depending on the case, I can even take a nap...

At the KH, it can serve as an excuse... I sat in the back "to help other people".

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

reading all of this makes me want to visit their website and say "yes, i am interested in a home study" and give a fake name then go to the meetings wearing a wire and hidden camera and documenting it for PBS... i wonder if i'd get caught. no one knows me up here, and my sister lives in a whole other city. how will they know my name isn't really Anne Shirley? i might possibly wear a blonde wig, i'd have to think about it...

• Mulan
    Mulan

When we had small children, we tried to sit in the back two rows. When they were older, we moved to the front..............second row. The first row was too close..............hard on the neck.

Dave was the school overseer for 14 years, so he sat in the front row for that meeting and I wrestled the kids alone.

At the business seminars I used to attend regularly (now about once a year), we were always encouraged to sit up front "the successful ones sit in front".

• jgnat
    jgnat

From my observation, the ones who are favored to give good responses to question period sit near the aisles.

Easier to reach the mikes.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    Do spiritual ones sit closer to the front?

I don't know if I'd say spiritual, but I would say that the more hard-core and militant JW's sat closer to the front.

At least that's how it was in our KH.

They wanted to sit close to the front for different reasons.

I'm sure one reason was to allow the rest of the congregation to see how many times they raised their hand to answer Q's even when they were not called on.

• upside/down
    upside/down

That's because they are all working on "humility", and maybe Jehovah, will "move" someone to ask them to sit in the front so as to be "honored". {drivel}

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit