Do spiritual ones sit closer to the front?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes! The first couple rows were made up of the gung ho jw's, the elders/ms's wives, and some older couples. This is pretty much where all the comments came from!

If the CO was in, it was a rush to the front to be the first to brown nose after the meeting!

• PinTail
    PinTail

I sat closer to the front at first when i was really in to it all.

Than later so I could fall asleep and no one could see except for the shmuck rambling on the stage. And what would he do tell my dad who was sleeping too?

Shane

• prophecor
    prophecor

The only ones who sit in the front are the ones who want show themselves off as being spiritual, I'm speaking from personal experience here! I always sat in the front!!!

I'm succumbing to self abuse again,.......Dammit!!!

• Soledad
    Soledad

the ones that belonged to a clique sat near the front. At least that's how it was in my congregation.

One time I put my books and purse down on the empty chairs of the "sacred" 2nd row. When the meeting started and I returned to my chair all my stuff was thrown across the chairs of the 3rd row. Who were the new tenants of the chairs I had originally selected? None other than the children of a prominent and extremely arrogant elder, children who incidentally were known to smoke, drink and fornicate all over town.

Now how is that for true friendship and love among Witnesses?

• Purza
    Purza

When I was DF'd I WANTED to sit in the back. But I usually ended up somewhere in the middle. It was pure torture sitting there. Even when I became "spiritually strong" I still sat in the middle. I wouldn't say that the spiritual ones sit in the front -- maybe only the ones that want to "appear" more spiritual?

Purza

• cab1000
    cab1000

I remember a CO talking about how when you go to a concert, people pay top dollar to sit in the front rows. He contrasted that with the kindom hall, how everyone sits as far back as possible, yet how "much more important" the meetings were than some "worldly" concert.

For some reason, I cant seem to forget that illistration...

~cab

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I remember a CO talking about how when you go to a concert, people pay top dollar to sit in the front rows. He contrasted that with the kindom hall, how everyone sits as far back as possible, yet how "much more important" the meetings were than some "worldly" concert.

For some reason, I cant seem to forget that illistration...

~cab

You probably can't forget it because it's true and most people really do not want to be there.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I attended three different halls during my witness "career" first in NY state then in Jacksonville fl seems to be fairly universal that the front few rows are always empty! The Avondale cong in jax was the last I attended and they had all the rows full but only because it was so crowded!

Last time I went to a meeting in Watkins a new prick elder and his family had moved into the hall and they had pretty much taken over the front row so that row was full then three or four empty then the huddled mass of maybe 40-50 pubs then 20 empty rows then two or three full back rows... it was sort of sureal to me I mean it was very very bizarre... Of course that hall was fairly F*cked up anyway... I do miss one of the chicks though! God she's a hot little nympho!

mark of the ~mind in the gutter~ class

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Hey Soledad...

I can relate to that. It may be the same all over, I don't know, but at the hall I went to for years, certain seats seemed to get automatically 'Reserved'. If you had the nerve to sit in a seat that a certain group, or clique, of persons favoured, you'd get the evil daggers from all over. It was even the same for any visitors that arrived, I mean, how where they supposed to know!? Those who'd found that their favourite seat was occupied seemed unable to make another selection.

As for the 'spiritual ones' sitting closer to the front...maybe they do. Its like anything else, those that are enthusiastic want to be nearer the 'action' as it were. I had no choice, with young children, and a pram, we were banished to the back room....although I recall a couple of Sisters having babies a few years later and managing to cop a back row in the main hall, with a couple of seats removed for their prams!!................oh, sorry, I forgot.They had an Elder for a father, and were from the acceptable family brigade.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Worst thing is coming in late on Sunday, and the back is filled up, so you have to go to the front rows, with small children...why did I quit going again???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit