Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• Simon
    Simon

You cannot trademark a deity. That is possibly one reason why they focus on "WatchTower" instead of "Jehovah"

• dgmtoronto
    dgmtoronto

By law, the fearful WTBTS can never control what varying opinions are published about their beliefs/publications in a free society, and in the case of quotes this is even more true, since the opinions found there are they're very own in the first place.

They C&D action they've initiated against quotes is completely unwarranted and obviously a manipulation of the legal statutes to attempt to control what they realize is both truthful and damaging about their own teachings. They don't want anyone 'in the flock' to find out about their laughable track record of flip flops and a century + of mis-guided writings, lies and a belief system founded upon the twisted thoughts of their insane founder.

ITS STILL A PRETTY FREE COUNTRY LAST TIME I CHECKED!

Makes me angry...gggrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

DGM

• Scully
    Scully
    You cannot trademark a deity. That is possibly one reason why they focus on "WatchTower" instead of "Jehovah"

I knew that... but it's a nice dream, isn't it? LOL

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hey dgmtoronto makes a rare appearance!!!! ;)

To everyone: although dgmtoronto is still a "newbie" at only 4 posts, I would like to personally vouch for him as my close personal friend. He may be a newbie on this board, but he's certainly not a newbie to Quotes or to my (now infamous) Quotes website.

Cheers to dgmtoronto!

~Quotes, of the "surrounded by true friends" class

• sf
    sf
    the fearful WTBTS can never control what varying opinions are published about their beliefs/publications in a free society, and in the case of quotes this is even more true, since the opinions found there are they're very own in the first place.

They C&D action they've initiated against quotes is completely unwarranted and obviously a manipulation of the legal statutes to attempt to control what they realize is both truthful and damaging about their own teachings. They don't want anyone 'in the flock' to find out about their laughable track record of flip flops and a century + of mis-guided writings, lies and a belief system founded upon the twisted thoughts of their insane founder.

Bingo. This IS the crux.

sKally

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Bingo. This IS the crux.

Actually, a careful reading of the greek suggests it should be "This IS the torture stake".

But I get your point...

;-)

Dave

• sf
    sf

Inflected forms: pl. crux·es or cru·ces
    1. The basic, central, or critical point or feature: the crux of the matter; the crux of an argument.

2. A puzzling or apparently insoluble problem.

ETYMOLOGY:Probably short for Medieval Latin crux (interpretum), torment (of interpreters), from Latin crux, cross.
  • belbab
    belbab

So, probably the logo and a few other things will have to go. Or do they?

It used to be that the Watchtower magazine had a large fortress type tower on its cover. I see now they only have the hint of a tower.

Why can't the tower logo be modified. Why not show part of a standing tower with a few bricks missing at the top and the rest crumbling in destruction. Why can't the word Watchtower be changed somewhat. Changed to all lower case letters, change the font, etc.

Something like this only, going down hill following the crumbling tower:

w a t c h t ow e r

There are 753,000 sites for watchtower on a google search. Not all of them are the WT BS

If the word watchtower is used in Quotes logo, even if the font is changed or the size of the letters varies, it still would show up in the search engines.

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

Hi Quotes,

I just want to say sorry for what is going on with your site and thanks for your site as I found it to be great for there was not one comment.

There are plenty of options to put all the info back up in any case. You could use a site that works with frames or in a windows enviroment you can use WinHTTP component to get pages from other servers. (I don't know someone may have said that already)

May Jehovah help you :)

• Beans
    Beans

Jimmy Hendrix once sang about the Watchtower, why can't we talk about or quote it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit