Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• sf
    sf

Oh please, copyright infringement my ass! This is about much more than that. And the lawyers need to know this and the media.

I'd go directly to a news organization with this. And tell them of Bob's site receiving such 'orders' too. Share with them what happened to a few others too such as Kent and dirtclods sites. Let them be aware that it appears that the WTBTS are out to shut down all such sites/ INFORMATION.

Do they really think that their site will end up being the only site up regarding their corporation and religion?

I'd like to see them mess with Randy Watters.

Lets fight them and get them in the news.

sKally

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I am so pissed right now.

Quotes, please make sure you back up your site soon in case your host shuts it down without further warning.

Walter

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

There has to be a news organization that would like to do a story about publicity, and how most companies crave publicity, but the WTS is fighting to get everything banned.

I bet it's because they are beginning a "new light" phase and want to make sure everyone forgets their old BS.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

If the rank and file only knew what a bunch of paranoid thugs the Watchtower Legal Dept. is.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Perhaps banners could be put up on other ex-JW sites, like this one maybe, advertizing the Watchtower's attempt to keep the truth about their religion from the public?

Sabrina

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well I believe they were successful with Jourle's site and the letters to the BOE. This IS not good. Let us know Quotes.

xjw_b12 "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" Learn

• blondie
    blondie

Check with a lawyer experienced in this type of situation:

Are there any precedents?

Will the ACLU help you protect your freedoms and fund it perhaps?

Is there a specified limit of information from each WT source that is allowed?

I can see why your site is a thorn. Many JWs are dunderheads when it comes to using the WT-CD and many other publications are old and out-of-date.

Just like in 1984, the WTS would like to re-write the history books.

Blondie

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Bunch of two faced..... better off not saying

What the hell happened to:

"Waiting on Jehover and not taking matters into your own hands?"

M'r-F'n hypocrites

John 3:12

20 For he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved.
  • 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Looks like legal is trying to put a stop to their bleeding membership by launching an all out attack upon sites paraphrasing anything they have in print. First Kent's site and now this.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Quotes

Roughly how many megabytes of space does the entire site/contents take up? I'm wondering if its feasible to make it distributable like on a cd-r? Then multiple volunteers can each host the website for some time till the WTS hounds them, then switch over. Again if its feasible maybe even simultaneously share our "distribution" en masse over the internet and "from door to door" (heheh..Sorry). If the WTS is going to try and suppress this info then maybe we can take things up a notch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit