Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• Quotes
    Quotes

I'm just on my way out the door, and will add more later. I just wanted to let everyone know that I received the following email this morning from my web host:

===============================
    Hi [Quotes],

We received a cease and desist letter on behalf of the Jehovah's Witnesses for your above site. They are claiming copyright infringement and unauthorized reproduction of their sight www.watchtower.org. I believe you have received the same letter or will be today.

We have no idea if this claim is true or not but do not wish to ensue a legal battle with this law firm. Please advise how we should proceed with this.

Thank You,

[name removed]

===============================

I have not yet received my letter, but intend to take whatever action is necessary to keep the quotes site up.

I update more later.

~Quotes, of the "weren't they supposed to first go to their brother and lay bare his fault???" class

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

what is the WT so scared of? Truth?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

aww man that sucks!

Only Quotes are posted there, i dont understand either what they are afraid of.

• kls
    kls

You gotta be kidding! Those pansy ass MF,,,,,,,grrrrr

• City Fan
    City Fan

Is this the start of a Watchtower fight back. Are they systematically going to serve 'cease and desist' orders on every website that contains Watchtower material?

Can they do this?

CF.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah I like how the WT tells the rank and file dubs not to have anything to do with "worldly" authorities but who do they turn to when they need legal help? Why don't they put their trust in Jehoba? The bunch of F***** hypocrates. Kiss my ass WT....

Will

• seedy3
    seedy3

It appears that the Watchtower is on a mission to rid the internet of "Apostate" sites. Funny how they Want the GoodNews" preached in all the earth, yet do not want any of their message given out by anyone but themselves.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Ultimately, I think this will backfire on the WTS.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Maybe you can get a new host and change the address?

• kls
    kls

Quotes ,what can we do to help? If those cult morons win this then what site will be next? It could be here ,it could be FreeMinds it could any site that is showing the Truth of the JWs and this is scaring me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit