And soon, his funeral.....

by Fe2O3Girl 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{Fe203Girl and Family}}}

You and your husband are awesome people! Your son was very loved. I wish you peace in all of this heartache. I approve of the cremation (not that you needed me to).

I still love the Psalms that are overused at funerals about laying down in green pastures. It seems appropriate. Lullaby's might be good music, maybe Brahms "Lullaby, and goodnight..." "Twinkle twinkle". Maybe Vivaldi's Four Seasons - springtime. Or Dance of the Sugar Plum Faeries from the Nutcracker. They are both light hearted.

Hugs and peace

Brenda

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm so sorry about your loss .

DY

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

((((Fe203Girl & Family))))

So sorry for your loss during this difficult time. When my niece died (6 mo old) my brother and his wife opted to take her ashes to one of our mountains via helicopter to spread them. We all stood at the look out while they went up there. Afterwards, we had a wake, which included pictures of her and lots of support. No services, per se, just family & friends getting together to help out. It was a beautiful day and every morning, as I drive by the mountain, I tell her good morning. It's nice to have a special place.

SK

• Dustin
    Dustin

I wish I knew what to say. All I can say is I am truly sorry for your loss.

Dustin

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Dear Fe,

I agree, the baby garden sounds beautiful. Please let us know, if you're willing to share, what you do pick for music etc. My love all the way from Wisconsin to you and your husband & family.

I pm'd you, too. Are you doing okay?

~Snap

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

It was very difficult to read your post...

The only thing I can give you besides my condolences is this small thought ... As I've walked through life these many years, questioning and testing almost everything, I've come to the quiet realization with a deep sense of "knowing" that life is indeed eternal ... death is but a doorway. After all is said and done, "religion" means nothing, Love means everything ... and that is what we take from our experience on earth. I'm certain your precious baby took with him all that was most valuable from his short time here.

Take care of yourselves...

Double Edge

• happyout
    happyout

We didn't have an actual "funeral" for my daughter. We hired a boat, invited close family and friends, and scattered her ashes at sea. We didn't read scriptures, we had the captain read a letter we had written about her, sharing our thoughts, and our love for her. There wasn't music (which I regret), but there are a couple of songs that always bring her to mind.

Angel by Sara McLachlan

Someday We'll Be Together - The Supremes (the chorus of this song was on the radio when we went back to our car from the boat. It felt like she was talking to us)

My deepest sympathy,

Happyout

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

((((((Fe203Girl)))))

So sorry

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am so sorry FeGirl, I didn't know about this and went and saw now your thread about your son. I have no recommendations for you regarding scriptures, etc..

but I do send you my love

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I wish I had some suggestions but let you know you are in Thunder and I's thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit