fear tactics

by sugarbritches 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Getting made fun of in school, and running into a classmate out in service

I'd bet 95% of witnesses current and ex would agree with that...

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I wasn't afraid of demons, apostates, or armageddon. I was afraid of my workmates finding out I was a JW and then thinking I was fucked up.

Walter

• Dustin
    Dustin

Living forever under the JW rules and regulations. That is no paradise my friends.

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

As one marked as spiritually weak, i was in fear of upsetting my sanctimonius husband. He was more omnipotent to me than a capricious and vengefull deity, and had the power to make my life a living hell. Armageddon? I used to think 'bring it on'.

• upside/down
    upside/down

The Deeeemmuunz!

And having other people think I was like the "wierd witnesses", I was never fanatical and prided myself on being a "credit" to the organization and how a "Dub" should be. People have always liked me especially in the business community. I really thought I was pretty "balanced" Dub. Turns out I WAS!

I still say they are the "apostates" and freaks-- not me. I must be in "apostate" denial.

u/d

• Mutz
    Mutz

The Ciruit Overseer + Wife. :)

• FairMind
    FairMind

My ex-trouble making wife and I still am.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Demons. Armagedon.

Still am, to tell you the truth.

DY

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It always fascinates me that jws are grilled to believe that the holy spirit ( of grace, serenity, peace and beauty ......) is just hydraulic fluid or something, but that demons, now there's some real spiritual people), demons are thinking beings out to get ya - watch out behind ya now, they're everywhere - sheeesh

• Valis
    Valis

QUOTES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit