Public talk over time

by ballistic 15 Replies latest social humour

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

We thank you lord for the carpets and windows of this Kingdom Hall, we thank you for making that sister slap the sh*t out of his son to make him stop crying, we thank you for this microphone, we thank you for the fire that burned the baptist church down the road, we thank you for the brothers in Malaysia that have foregone a kingdom hall so that we can have air conditioner on ours...

• Forscher
    Forscher

That got me thinking about old Gb member Gangas. What was supposed to be a one hour talk went on for 2 1/2!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

At a special assembly (I think Branch Extension) there was this GB brother (I think Karl Klein) who forgot to say "Amen" at the end of his prayer. Someone had to remind him and he went back to the microphone and said: "Amen!"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Back in the early 80's, Fred Franz came to town. And, when I say early 80's, I am referring to the date, not his age. He was well past his early 80's at that time.

Anyway, the whole province congregated to hang on every word of the great man. That bastard rambled on for 2 1/2 hours, and he didn't say a damn thing. He just retold the history of the organization with numerous side trips down his faltering memory lane. After the talk, people remarked on how he spoke from memory. He didn't use any notes because his eyesight was failing. I thought it was pretty obvious he didn't use notes. His speach was completely disorganized.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Running Man,

I remember those days! Our hall was close to the bethel, so he came quite often, and afterwards we'd have a lunch in the basement of the hall. Man, if it wasn't bad enough going to five meetings a week, we'd have another one to sit and listen to this old guy ramble on and on and on.......

It always seems to be the GB bros that go waaaayyy overtime. A couple of years ago at the DC when my nephew saw who was giving the closing prayer blurted out "oh man, not him, he talks too long" We all thought it was pretty funny!! lol

BB

• razorMind
    razorMind

Oh yes, definitely remember those days.

On one summer Thursday night, it was sweltering hot, packed, and the air-conditioner had broken down.

This one brother ("Brother Dictator" who was always lording it over his brood, would do things like accept dinner invitations at other dub's homes while his family of 7 waited in their old panel truck) had the very last part on "The School" and relished his "power" over the sweating masses. You could almost see the grin on his face as he droned on and on. He couldn't quite completely contain his glee, and just had to slip in a remark about how he knew we were ready to go, but spiritual food came first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit