As a young kid how did you invision Armagedon?

by PinTail 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

We used to play a game on our Nintendo called the Legend of Zelda. In one part, there is this hand that keeps coming down to squish you, and take you to the beginning of that part of the game. When ever life gets difficult, I always pictured that hand coming down to squish me. Anyway, when you mentioned the hand, that is what I thought of. Beth

• freedom96
    freedom96

The WTS would sure make armegeddon very scary.

But, truth be told, I never spent much, if any time thinking about it. Too many other things to think about on a daily basis than that.

Never thought much about the "New Order" either.

• Preston
    Preston
    As a young kid how did you invision Armagedon?

...with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!

- Preston

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I'd invision the Jackson 5's video for "Torture"

• blondie
  • BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Oh my gosh, i havent thought about this for so long, and when i read your post it brought back some memories.

Yeah, me too. I'm also of the 1975 generation. I was 18 then.

Blondie, that pix is one of many my own nightmares were made up of.

My take on armageddon was a combo of horrendous earthquakes, earth splitting like that pix, tsunamis like the Great One that just struck, but more of them. Volcano's blasting like Mt St Helens did, though that happened after I had left. Great San Fran fires all over, and nuclear poisoning. Real sweet, huh?

When I was a kid in the KH I used to draw underground houses, complete with water and septic systems (and I didn't know what a septic system was yet), fireplaces with under-floor heating, and built in bed landings.

I still have a bit of a survivalist mentality today. I like knowing how to do things. I learned to make soap a few years ago. I still want to play with making caustic soda ash (lye) from oak ashes and water. If it floats an uncracked raw egg, it worked.

I was at a client site a few years ago talking with some blue-collar shop guys who were into survivalism and ramping up because of the pending millenium bug. They were collecting gold and silver coins, guns and ammo, food and water, etc. I piped up and asked if any of them had thought about storing up tobacco products and alcohol? Afterall, when society collapses, gold and silver will become usesless and those with addictions would pay anything asked for a fix. They all turned and looked at me with wide-eyes of revelation. I think I could have become their goddess!

It doesn't hurt to be at least a little prepared for natural disaster. For me it's like packing up your troubles in your ol' kit bag.

Hugs, Love, and especially Peace to all

Brenda

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

WoW !! Brenda I`m impressed!!

and Blondie, I recall that picture too, very scary for a kid! Totally how I would picture

the big A. Throw in terrorism! Yikes!!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i envisioned Armageddon exactly how it was depicted in the literature. even though i was as good as gold, i was still scared to death.

• dh
    dh

Fire falling from the sky, people screaming and dying all around me. TOo Baad ToO bAad.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

I as a child had a copy of FROM PARADISE LOST TO PARADISE REGAINED, which contained a two page spread depicting the battle of Armageddon. So that image stuck with me: fire raining from the sky, falling buildings, floods, people beating the daylights out of each other, people (and a dog and a bike) falling into a huge opening in the earth. That image scared the daylights out of me, even though I didn't get baptized until I was 21.

Love, Jaypeeto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit