Eat, Drink, and be Merry !!!!

by JustTickledPink 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

And the only thing Dubs "celebrate" is the Memorial of Christ's death. Such a somber event, which as a child I couldn't understand why they called it a celebration! No wonder Catholacism blended it with the either bunny to liven it up a bit!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I now view JWs as the fatalists. They are always planning on the big day of destruction, so they lose sight of the simple pleasure of life, which consist of good meal, good drinks, and being "merry" or happy. Instead of finding joy in everyday living, they put happiness on hold.

Exactly! Well put. This is the real life, so LIVE it!!!!

• filip
    filip

Thats right. I always wondered whats actually wrong with celebrating birthday. I know that its a "heathen" tradition, but hell, JWs are allowed celebrating anniversarys right? Which is actually the same with birthdays, although with birthdays you celebrate that a human gets one year older. With anniversarys you just celebrate that a company, building etc. gets older.

Its the same anyway.

• Dustin
    Dustin

The JW ways are just plain stupid! Why not have some fun in life? Good call.

• filip
    filip

Its a sin to have fun

You cannot have fun with "worldly" people

If you need entertainment, read Awake

• Dustin
    Dustin

At least the Awake was better than the Watchtower.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes! I always felt that actually enjoying myself was wrong if it didn't include some type of jw socialization. That made me have no social life, even with family, because everyone was worldly!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

TickeledinPink, your right on the money with that statement. Fatalists what a great word;

2 entries found for fatalist.

fa·tal·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (f
    n.
    1. The doctrine that all events are predetermined by fate and are therefore unalterable.
    2. Acceptance of the belief that all events are predetermined and inevitable.

fa n.
    fa adj.
    fa adv.

[ Download or Buy Now ]
    Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

fatalist

adj 1: believing in or inclined to fatalism; "a fatalist person" [syn: fatalistic] 2: relating to or implying fatalism; "fatalistic thinking" [syn: fatalistic] n : anyone who submits to the belief that they are powerless to change their destiny [syn: determinist, predestinarian, predestinationist

Yes I agree that Jehovah's Witnesses set themselves up to be miserable, because they feel quilty if the are happy. My mom and sisters are exactly that way. To them you can't go out and have a great time if you didn't get all your time in for the month and you attended every meeting otherwise you have no reason to be content. My mom use to say to me that how can you enjoy shopping if you missed the meeting the night before or you didn't go the meeting that day then you were not a mature Christian. Happiness to JW's is being unhappy

Orangefatcat.

• upside/down
    upside/down

OFC- Ain't it the truth!

"Happiness to JW's is being unhappy"- now that's TRUTH! Now I have to go flog myself and feel better...

u/d

• franklin J
    franklin J

I suppose we all learned it the hard way; but we did learn it.

"eat; drink and be merry"...we know what the inevitable is

...and I might add "hug our children".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit